197 connects 2 steering wheel control.

I have just bought an alpine ida 305s and need steering control and patch lead for the 197. It's 2007 57 plate r27 (just a bloomin 197!!).

Anyone got a link for cheapest connects 2 steering wheel control adapter and patch lead ?! Thanks

Assume it's just patch lead that is alpine specific as steering control is just blah blah. Link! Please! Cheaper the better!

Thanks

this is what i got for my IDA 305s and all works good
1 x CON-CTSRN005 - CTSRN005 CAN-Bus steering control adaptor
1 x CON-CTALPINELEAD - Connects2 Alpine Stalk Adaptor
got from car audio direct as used them in the past

Alpine just confirmed to me that APF-D102RE works with our units and also gives the display as well, cheapest I've found so far is £86 but seeing as you then get the display working I'm looking into removing the connects2 and going with this

Remember aswell someone here has the Alpine lead & has no display showing

Supposedly it worked with a megane in another forum but i haven't come across 1 confirmed case of this cable giving display

Supposedly it worked with a megane in another forum but i haven't come across 1 confirmed case of this cable giving display

Just to confirm it's 100% the ctsrn005 for this conversion.

Are you talking about the heads up display on dash? If so mine works and displays Renault/time/temperature still. No track number though or radio station. That's now on the alpine 305s screen ofcourse!

where you referring to the connects2 alpine setup or Alpine's setup?

As with alpine it looks like I'd need to also hook part of into the back of the actual display

This is the alpine one connected in scenic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pZ1yJYSrhc

Last edited:
yeah ctsrn005 is what you want

the centre display will stay as you see it now (Renault/Time/Temp) you won't get the display showing radio station/track number

its a minor loss though, ive had a mk3 clio for 6 years and i don't miss not seeing the station/track number on the display one bit since upgrading to alpine HU

where you referring to the connects2 alpine setup or Alpine's setup?

As with alpine it looks like I'd need to also hook part of into the back of the actual display

Yeah, someone here has the Alpine cable & didn't have it showing on the display, although i don't recall him mentioning hooking up a cable into the display itself, im sure that would've got mentioned

Sounds promising though if you plug into the display itself, but isit worth the extra £50 for the alpine cable? I quite like it saying Renault on the display it makes such a change

Last edited:
well I'm used to the head unit being higher up for when i'm scrolling through tunes looking for track/album and with it being much lower means have to pull over or wait until stationary but getting output on the OEM display would then solve that.

But I know what you mean about extra cost as the connects2 does work a treat audio wise & with stalk controls and I could do with replacing my seat base bolsters as they are knackered and £50 would cover that nicely

I wouldn't be without my steering controls after having them. As said the loss of track number is a minor one and I dont miss it at all tbh.

Hi, I have the good adaptors for Alpine, but the steering weels still do not work. I have conected them and nothing. Somebody sayd that I have to restart the sistem, that means that I have to disconect the batery and reconect. Any opinions about that?
Best regards,
Georgian.

I didn't have to do anything special other than ensure it was plugged into the dashboard connectors and not the default under seat ones that i had with my cabbasse 6 disk system as the underseat extensions have been modified and not true din anymore

Is it 197 or 200 as 200 has different interface if i'm correct

Last edited:
Hi, I have the good adaptors for Alpine, but the steering weels still do not work. I have conected them and nothing. Somebody sayd that I have to restart the sistem, that means that I have to disconect the batery and reconect. Any opinions about that?
Best regards,
Georgian.

I've had my alpine just like DAN T! Fitted and I had to wait for the lead to come in
Went back to day and had it fitted , I know have full stalk control , don't think it I would pay another £50 ish to get heads up as its got a nice screen on unit and I don't think they would get it in behind h/u any way as its got a parrot kit in there aswell

As to restarting , they didn't event remove power from mine as it still had all settings still