197 / 200 Spigot Rings & wheel fitment

Hi Guys,

My car is a non cup 197. I sold the original 197 wheels and bought a set of OZ Ultraleggeras which fitted straight on without spigot rings.

Now i'm selling my car and looking to sell the Ultras on and put some standard 197/200 wheels back on to sell the car.

My mate has a 200 cup and is up for swapping wheels with me - So we tried to do it today and found that his wheels wont fit on my car and vice versa, my ultras won't go on his.

This is because it seems my car does have some sort of spigot rings fitted - See photos below.

But I didn't fit these spigot rings? Is it possible that the Oz wheels had spigot rings fitted, which I didn't realise and these have now seized onto my hubs?

Because I tried removing them and they aren't budging! I removed a little circlip ring from them and they still wouldn't budge.

Whats going on?

My car with what must be spigot rings:

20150815_175343.jpg

Clip removed which made no difference:

20150815_175410.jpg

My mates 200 cup:

20150815_175529.jpg

The ultraleggera has aluminium spigot rings fitted, the circlip holds them into the wheel

Try soaking in wd40 or plus gas to release them from the hub

Last edited:
I had no idea!

They're going to be a pain to remove as i've had a fair bit of leverage on them too!

I'll keep trying

Yeah its the best. Always annoys me that my mate swears by WD40 (Not even made for the job) having never tried plus gas!