197/200/Cup Anti Roll Bar Diameter Thread

Sherlock101

Paid Member
Hi All,

I've developed a knock from the front off-side, which sounds similar to the knock which Doogle describes in this thread. My garage has had a look and we've replaced the top mounts and shock on that side (shock was blown anyway) which still hasn't fixed it. In that thread Turkie172, suggested the Anti Roll Bar bushes as a potential cause, which led me to looking to buy some polybush ARB bushes.
The Powerflex website has three different diameters of ARB bushes: 20mm, 20.5mm, and 21mm. I believe that the 20mm ones are for cars made before May 2009, and 20.5mm are for cars made after May 2009, and after reading up some more i think that Cup chassis cars use a stiffer anti roll bar than the non-Cup, which leads me to believe that my 2010 Cup chassis car has a 21mm ARB. Can someone confirm that i need a 21mm rather than 20.5mm ARB bushes?

Cheers

(Sorry for the wall of text)

Yea the ARB bushes a complete arse to try and get the Renault ones are too expensive and part lookup sites are wrong I was doing the manifold job and changed the ARB bushes at the time to finds the ones I got were too small 18mm Moog ones but I think that in 197's two sizes depends on the type if it's the tall bush then its a normal one 20mm, the shorter ones can be 20.5 or 21mm the Renault bushes have the part number on the side I would go genuine or polybush but everything else I would only buy by the size cross reference the part numbers to after market ones are all over the place from 18mm to 19.5mm etc.

Reactions: Sherlock101
I would also look at ARB links and Anti rotation links for knocking. ARB not so much but as the Anti rotation links have an almost structural job they wear and the play can be felt. They arnt massively expensive. I spose anything upwards of 50k miles and a certain age will need attention. After I replaced the topmounts I developed another smaller knock which turned out to be the Anti rotation links.