16v sport

Hello, not been on this forum for long time. It had funny 2016 for me but I'm glad it over now and I can't comments about it.

Want to know what I been up to in rest of the summer??

I still got my clio 197 and Trophy 220 too. I spend more time other things and went to Germany for holiday.

Oh somethings else came up on my drive......I brought super rare 1999 Clio 1.6 16v sport with full leather, light weight alloy bonnet and full options. This is not RSi model because 16v was early first mk2 clio sport and the 172 didn't come out till after March 2000 so RSi replace 16v in summer 2000. Only different is RSi have half leather and no alloy bonnet. I use to have mk2 RSi 9 year ago so any way I never see full leather interior before so that got to be very rare! I could have brought ph1 172 but this is much rare and I got 2 RS clio already. Here few pics I took in next project.....

4c_zpsd4mxodtc.jpg

10c_zpsiw2ajmiw.jpg

Putting new Renault run roof seal for first things!

9_zpsvr7l2ulf.jpg

Full leather interior

6_zpsj7tgkdgl.jpg

8_zpsq7ydaclb.jpg

3_zps1drfuqjx.jpg

Buff the headlights, they were fading before!

1_zpsrtzpwe6j.jpg

Engine bay - clean up, full service with spark plugs, oil change, air filter, gearbox oil, new battery, brake fluid change, coolant, timer belt and drive belt. Done it all myself!

5_zpspicwomrs.jpg

This was before I took aparts!!

12_zpsbwiuw0an.jpg

Paint front and rear the archer in black satin hammerite.

2_zpsz416fhb6.jpg

7_zpsd85wtznj.jpg

Wash the seat belt

13_zpsioh2zdvw.jpg

Yep these need replacing!!!

14_zpsi7lozb95.jpg

15_zpsrqwv8dz8.jpg

11_zpsl2eja894.jpg

16c_zpsxud06xzj.jpg

More to come.

Sterling work as always Giles, very nice car. Any car that you get your hands on is going to lead a very privileged life!

More pics from over the summer.

New rear bumper I found on ebay, mint and no mark. Old bumper was knacker.

22_zpstiw8jg5a.jpg

Spare wheel, was so hard to find another one of these!!

19_zpsfbksljd4.jpg

Gearbox mount, spot the different. Gear stick was moving around a lot before and now it stop...Yay!

20_zpsmurf02fi.jpg

Old fog light seem got water in it so I got new one. No pics from the new fog light.

17_zps71fwdgva.jpg

top view, you can see white tape over the side repeaters. Waiting new parts for them, now they are on.

21_zpsucrqnd4g.jpg

18_zpsqinz7tmx.jpg

Next plan soon...

2 front shock absorber
Lower sport springs - 40mm
New exhaust
New rear boot gas struts.

Reactions: Jimmy