Yiannis' Albi Blue R27 - Toning down...

Cheers Pav. That's the one I was on about. The one round the mirror is no doubt bolted on. Probably something behind the interior one.
Wicked car by the way Yiannis [emoji106]

Ah ok, just seen this.

The body of the mirror is indeed bolted on. 3 bolts, one is visible from the inside and the other two you have to remove the interior trim (pull off job). Very easy to do the whole lot, 5 min job:smile:

Looking good mate! Are they track only wheels? As I wouldn't like to be in London without any locking wheel nuts :innocent:

Looking good mate! Are they track only wheels? As I wouldn't like to be in London without any locking wheel nuts :innocent:

They look like tpi bolts, in which case the locking wheel nut looks pretty much identical to the rest of them.

Cars looking great!

[MENTION=2045]Yiannis197[/MENTION]

Just re read this whole thread again but worth it. Ordered TPI bolts as a result.

Two questions. How easy it it to remove the harness 'guide hole' things in the Recaros (I hope that makes sense).
And secondly I just have to have the red cruise control buttons. Was this done at SS and can you drive around without them on the wheel whilst it's being sprayed?

Cheers!

Very easy mate. Just pull the lever and you'll see a bolt underneath. Remove those bolts and pull the front trim. I only had the front trim sprayed by the way, left the back as it was.

The CC buttons were done at SS yes. Of course you can drive around no problems at all even though I was using a spare wheel. But you can definitely use the steering wheel without them. Hope that helps:smile:

A quick update people:smile:

Most importantly, I eventually bought a shed! So bloody happy with that as now the clio doesn't have to worry about potholes, traffic and generally clocking up nasty mileage. Circumstances at work have changed as I'm not on shift any more, every day commuting in London and Clio are simply not compatible.

So the shed then....an absolutely lovely Yaris 4d4, 1.4 diesel, 60+ mpg, chain driven, FSH, in fact it had just been serviced before I got it, 100k miles, brand new tyres, pads and discs (even though these are cheap as chips) and relatively new clutch. Boom what a win, all that for £900. Considering these babies go for around £1500 because they are super economical and reliable (£30 road tax and £600 multi car insurance for both cars from Admiral) mine was an absolute bargain. To say that I'm enjoying the ride is an understatement. Potholes and speedbumps? what are they??:wink:

19359914115_751cd52df6_b.jpgDSC_0053 by YiannisR27, on Flickr

Now back to Clio, front bumper has been resprayed and private plates are on, R27 CVP, R27 CUP was unavailable but if the price was like the R26 CUP (£1000) I wouldn't have bought it anyway. My plate took me back £250, better than a spoiler eh?:wink:

19363935351_f303ef89d5_b.jpgDSC_0201 by YiannisR27, on Flickr

Tomorrow the car goes for MOT and two new front AD08Rs and on Saturday it goes at Jade Developments for;

- oil sump gasket
- ARP rod bolts
- Quaife
- New clutch kit including slave cylinder
- Service

19364308791_144da402d6_b.jpgIMG_0410 by YiannisR27, on Flickr

She should be ready for the Alps in September, can I go yet????

Great update! Like the plate, Shame r27 cup had gone! That sold the day after these plates were up though.

great shed :smiley:

as always its a pleasure to read your thread..keep us updated on the diff...any reason you are replacing the clutch??

Cheers guys:smile:

No reason really mate [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION], the car has £60k miles and since I'm dropping the box it is a good opportunity to replace the clutch as well. Also if something is worn or looks on its way out is going to be replaced as well.

To be honest I wasn't intending to change it but after a chat with Sean (possible leaks from the slave after putting the lot back together etc) I thought what the heck. It should be solid for another 60k+ miles.

whats the price on the clutch Yiannis??have you got a mechanic who does the whole lot for you??
btw that sweet little ride you bought looks good..bet you are giving it some too :thumbup1:
60mpg???thats sounds like a dream driving a clio :chair:

haha indeed right?? £45 of diesel takes me £470 miles!!! I'm loving that:smile:

I bought the clutch kit for only £200, brand new and OEM. There was a guy from here who initially bought it to have it fitted on his clio, he then sold the car so the parts had to go. Bargain price really as these kits retail for around £350 if I'm not mistaken?

good deal to me..refer back as what the car feels like after this upgrade..very interested to know..
enjoy