Yiannis' Albi Blue R27 - Toning down...

I'll have to watch the vids later.

But those pictures...... WOOOOOW! Look at that scenery! Beautiful!

Just watched the vids, you Sir, are feckin crazy lol. The second vid, one skinny barrier separating you from a 1000ft + drop lol. I'd be going up there like a granny.

Thanks for the comments guys:smile:
[MENTION=4323]Gez[/MENTION] lol mate no worries, the barriers out there are a bit strong ha!

Sorry to hear about the damage first Yiannis.

But what a trip. I've done a Europe trip before which included the Stelvio Pass (unfortunately not in my r27). Great videos and photos too! Can I ask where you stayed whilst away? Did you stay at the hotel on top of the Stelvio Pass?

Great thread again and this car is by far my favourite R27 on the site, real credit to you.

Thanks for your kind words [MENTION=3002]-Eddie-[/MENTION]:smile:

That day we did the Stelvio pass from Bormio and then we went down from the Italian side heading to Solda (another nice pass there) where we stayed for the night at a Biwak hotel. Obviously we stayed at a different hotel each day according to the daily destination. The cities we spend our nights were Baden-Baden, Dornbin, Solda, a chalet on Passo Cibiana, Lignano, Chiusa and Dornbin again before we hit the motorways back home.

Thanks for your kind words [MENTION=3002]-Eddie-[/MENTION]:smile:

That day we did the Stelvio pass from Bormio and then we went down from the Italian side heading to Solda (another nice pass there) where we stayed for the night at a Biwak hotel. Obviously we stayed at a different hotel each day according to the daily destination. The cities we spend our nights were Baden-Baden, Dornbin, Solda, a chalet on Passo Cibiana, Lignano, Chiusa and Dornbin again before we hit the motorways back home.

Great stuff. I'm looking into heading to Spa for the Grand Prix next year and while I'm there is love to do the mountain passes etc again. :smile:

The door has now been repaired:smile: Picked the car up from the bodyshop the other day, door repaired and sprayed, new carbon mirror covers and second hand powerfold mirror, also I got the opportunity (silver lighting and all that) to have the mirror frames sprayed in gloss black to lift the looks. For the ones who haven't been following the progress, an Austrian guy drove over my lane somewhere in Austrian Alps, our mirrors crashed and as a result I ended up with a dented door and a knackered mirror...

The result;
Bodyshop £250
Mirror from ebay £60
Carbon covers from a member in here £100

Over £400 because of a ****, I could have done without really - especially after such an expensive trip - but what can you do. Some pics of the damage;

15276509579_66cb6d14f9_b.jpgDamage.. by YiannisR27, on Flickr
15276686640_5343bcb5bc_b.jpgDamage.. by YiannisR27, on Flickr
15463047292_9f698a5cfa_b.jpgDamage.. by YiannisR27, on Flickr
15463400895_debac751c9_b.jpgDamage.. by YiannisR27, on Flickr

And after the repair

15444136139_52c704bdc0_b.jpgDSC_0133 by YiannisR27, on Flickr
15607073816_fee7a5e919_b.jpgDSC_0132 by YiannisR27, on Flickr
15632649592_18d98ddf89_b.jpgDSC_0136 by YiannisR27, on Flickr

Last edited: