Yesterday at Bedford

First time out on Yokohama AD08s yesterday and can't praise them highly enough. They didn't melt like my last PE2s, and were very progressive. I've dialled into the 200 a bit more now, the rear is becoming a trusted friend that in my hands only occasionally needs correction. Still much more to be had from working it harder though.

Thanks to it being the hottest day of the year managing heat was a constant focus. 200 held up well but I was a little sympathetic with it, taking 3rd through hairpins instead of 2nd etc. to give it a slightly easier time. I'm not sure why but Easytrack had reserved a pit garage for me so that became a welcome refuge!

I measured tyre tread depths before the 125 mile drive to the circuit, and measured them again after the 125 mile drive home...

Before - F6.7 R7.1

After - F6.0 R7.0

Seeing as they were 7.5 mm new I think that's pretty good for 2,000 road miles and a blisteringly hot trackday. Looks like 9k road miles plus a few trackdays from them is a realistic expectation.

It was also my first real time out on Mintex M1144 front pads. Along with Brembo rear pads and ATE Superblue fluid they held up surprisingly well considering the heat and the number of hard 100mph stops. I did have to give them a breather every lap or so to keep the pedal solid though.

Hassled lots of cars but also spent a fair amount of time being passed...seeing a Saab 9000 closing me down in my rearview did make me a bit sad but watching him tear off down the straight showed how much extra bhp he was running. Like it or not, boost is the future :nope:

Finally, added up the cost of fuel...brimmed before I left, just before we reached the circuit, mid afternoon and again when I got back...£131.48. Ouch.

Only got this video together so far but more will follow

[YOUTUBE]9bq0zzbwFbM[/YOUTUBE]

Well that's just ballsed me up for the how fast, I think the meg would have been the better option for this one

Deep pockets!!! Wait til u hear the old girl if she hasn't had the exhaust repaired/changed

Similar Thread Suggestions