Wrinkly wheel?

Had a quick search but couldn't find much, my steering wheel has gone wrinkly at the top, the leather seems to have moved for some reason. Has anyone had this happen or know how I may fix it? I'm assuming it may of been caused by the sun so reckon I could heat it up and flatten it out?

search for steering wheel melting - lots of posts
Either a new wheel required or a retrim - look at around £120+ (unless you're in warranty)

Edge ( a sponsor on here) seems to be the favourite - i want mine doing but he doesn't have a spare so can't do a trade in service so you have to send yours and wait for it to come back :worried:
There is a used 1 on ebay

I'm not sure how my warranty stands its a 09 plate, will get in contact with Edge fortunately it's more of a weekend car thanks to the work van :smile: thanks for your help mate

I'm not sure how my warranty stands its a 09 plate, will get in contact with Edge fortunately it's more of a weekend car thanks to the work van :smile: thanks for your help mate

If my maths is correct then an 09 plate will be out of warrenty won't it? March - August 2009 was 09 plate so at best the warranty would have expired last August?

Unlee you have an extended warranty of course!

Think someone mentioned they're synthetic not "proper" leather - mate has an old megane mpv and his "leather" wheel is the same, he says when he gets out of the car his hands have black bits on

Yeah I suppose it's in the sun during the day, wouldn't of thought its warm enough yet though, I've read people on here have had multiple wheels of the space of a couple of years it's nuts! The pictures of the Edge retrims look quality on their site couple examples of the clio wheels on there

With regards to re-trimming a wheel.. I just heard back from a upholster who said that I'd need a complete new wheel and that the leather peeling at 11 and 2 o' clock was unrepairable? I've since seen differently on here.. Would I be better off buying a new wheel? If I do, I'm putting a wheel cover on it.. Renault build quality = ****e

With regards to re-trimming a wheel.. I just heard back from a upholster who said that I'd need a complete new wheel and that the leather peeling at 11 and 2 o' clock was unrepairable? I've since seen differently on here.. Would I be better off buying a new wheel? If I do, I'm putting a wheel cover on it.. Renault build quality = ****e

Why the **** would it matter about the original leather condition? Surely it's being replaced?