Would you be concerned

Hey

Having a look at my new V5 and I noticed the previous owner of my car only kept it four months, would you guys be a little concerned or just think the other owner didn't find the car for him? I'm the 5th owner and its 2006 but seems well looked after and had all the correct services on time or a little early.

Probably nothing but I'm just thinking.

Have the belts definitely been done on it?

Other than that, peoples circumstances change, supposedly the person who had my car from new for 2 months didn't get on with it. Only did 1200 miles in it, doesn't bother me after putting another 28k miles on it.

Bit late now either way for both of us :wink:

alot of people buy these cars not relising how expensive they are to run.

So long as its been looked after (serviced properly) then I wouldn't be too worried. Like the guys have said above, lots of people get in to these cars not realising that they are much more expensive than just a regular Clio, and they're a fairly committed drivers car.

The person who had my 197 before me had it for about 2 months and never drove it.

Daddys boy who didn't look into insurance before he bought it so not a single company touched it.

I wouldn't worry too much.

Why would this ever be a worry?

You went to see the car, you checked over it, everything checked out, you bought it and you are happy with it.

If the previous owner had it for 1 day, what difference does it make?

Ive often sold a car after a couple of weeks, didn't mean there was anything wrong with them, they just didnt sit right with me.

A lad off RS forum bought a brand new 265 and waited 4 months for it only to sell it after 3 weeks and buy a 60k merc.

He is now looking at getting a .R as well after being disappointed in the merc.

Fair enough, suppose its me just being a bit funny. Yeah the belts were done at ktec and stamped on the book.

Previous owner of my car (a woman) only had it for 1 month - taxed it for 12 months, MOTd it but didn't replace the 4 bald tyres (don't know how it passed MOT?) and didn't service it
Guessed she was spent up and couldn't afford the expenses?

The previous owner of mine clearly has more money than he know what to do with. He apparently buys a new RenaultSport Clio every year, or so I was told. Suppose it might be a VAT thing. But with the options on mine it cost near £20k when new, I bought it just over a year old with 5k on the clocks for just over £12k. An minimum £8k loss is a big hit in a year.

Mine had three owners in the 12 months before me. Not had an issue with it (touch wood) in over four years now. As said above people bought them not realising how much they cost to run.

Don't worry about it.

A lad off RS forum bought a brand new 265 and waited 4 months for it only to sell it after 3 weeks and buy a 60k merc.

He is now looking at getting a .R as well after being disappointed in the merc.

To be fair though, that guys a dick!

:wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
wallace Clio General Chat 27