wot you think overpriced

I reckon that could be [MENTION=4138]GW200Jay[/MENTION] car.. He just got a new track toy from that garage.

Last edited:
thanks for the help and info via pm gw200jay

just to update i went to view this clio yesterday, great looking car and great condition, however after a test drive i was left disappointed. its fair to say that it looks quicker than it is. not driven a clio sport before but was certainly expecting more i must admit. the car is for my wife but as she sometimes uses the evo we both feel the clio doesnt meet our needs so will continue looking - infact we have a test drive booked at a vauxhall dealer tomorrow to test drive a 12 plate corsa vxr.

thanks again

Straight line speed aren't what these cars are about. You're always going to notice that coming from an Evo.

If your not satisfied with the Clio, the VXR won't please you in the performance part either; they're the same pace as eachother standard in a straight line. You'll just have different power delivery with the turbo and a little easier to drive low down

yes sorry for late response. we both had a drive of the vxr and i immediately preferred the power delivery of the corsa, much more useable low down torque. mrs drove it too and absoultely loved it! couldnt get her out of it lol. decision was made there and then, glad we test drove them both but definately made the right choice. thanks for the input to the thread. :thumbup1:

The clios quick, youve just got too ring its neck and keep it above 4k rpm, which on a test drive youll struggle to do.

He brought a VXR. Ooooh man. Surely you have a Evo to go in a straight line. You've just brought a slower evo that will fall off the road when you go round a corner :thumbsup:

If you wanted a hot hatch easier to live with, the easiest of the bunch is an R53 Mini Cooper S JCW, if you don't need a boot that is lol

If you wanted a hot hatch easier to live with, the easiest of the bunch is an R53 Mini Cooper S JCW, if you don't need a boot that is lol

Really? I drove one a few weeks back for a couple of days and hated everything about it.

I always find this amusing..... VXR v Clio, I drove the VXR first and it was the salesman that pushed me towards the Clio, in his words if ya can drive go for the Clio ya will be able to throw it round more and every chance you get to give it beans it will make ya happy. I did the VXR power event when I got my RS200 in the Corsa's on track and was so glad I had bought the 200, done a fair few track days since then and as yet I have never met a Corsa VXR on a track day. Seen plenty on the road, but never seen a single one on an open event. Maybe they all only go on track with other VXR owners.....

I always find this amusing..... VXR v Clio, I drove the VXR first and it was the salesman that pushed me towards the Clio, in his words if ya can drive go for the Clio ya will be able to throw it round more and every chance you get to give it beans it will make ya happy. I did the VXR power event when I got my RS200 in the Corsa's on track and was so glad I had bought the 200, done a fair few track days since then and as yet I have never met a Corsa VXR on a track day. Seen plenty on the road, but never seen a single one on an open event. Maybe they all only go on track with other VXR owners.....

You make a very point, never see or hear of a CVXR on track.

Astras and VX220's yes. Corsa. No. Probably too limited edition to risk going on track.