Woman drove into back of girlfriend

In short, girlfriend was in stop-start traffic, the woman behind got distracted and drove into the back of her. Girlfriend got out, saw some damage, and told the woman to follow her off the next turning to stop causing a queue. The woman followed and even indicated, then as soon as my girlfriend had turned off, she drove straight on and away. Kids in the back, too.

She got the license plate, and I double-checked it to match the car/colour and she's confident it's the right one.

Words came out of my girlfriend's mouth on the phone that I didn't even think she knew. I just wish I had been there. I've never seen her so angry...so now I want this woman to pay.

I'm wondering if anyone on here has ever reported something like this, and how much effort it is?

Thanks for any advice, genuinely.

Last edited:
Were there any witnesses at all. Anyone that can vouch for her bumping unto your girlfriend?

Just reading this makes me so mad

I bet a pretty penny that she is uninsured

Report it to the police! the women will be reported for the leaving the scene of an accident as you know what the registration was

There won't be any witnesses my girlfriend can go to as she thought the woman was going to pull over so didn't ask anyone else to stick around.

Yeah, I think we are going to report it. Honestly I'm so angry. I'm having to delete swear words from this little box every few seconds.

Thanks for the advice guys, massively appreciate it :thumbsup:

not sure as your lass was there but if she wasn't then she would have 24 hrs to report it. I'm guessing she will be charged with leaving the scene of an accident.

just report the bitch to the fuzz and your insurance.

Thanks so much for the replies lads. Girlfriend is round here now after a crappy day and says a massive thanks too! This forum is ace.

We are about to phone and report her now. Just finding out road names etc..

Report it.. doubt the police will charge her but they will pass you her details for your insurance

You say that but remember me reporting the accident where the bloke walked off??

He's getting taken to magistrates and then trial if he pleads not guilty. [emoji106]

Might not have a witness but you never know what else is around, cctv wise and it's difficult to hide you've rammed your car into something recently.

I know it's too late but this is where dash cams really pay dividends. I hope they get the **** anyway.

I'm sorry to hear this, and more so to hear about this sort of thing a lot. I hope your girlfriend wasn't injured. Let us know how this pans out man, I hope she gets her comeuppance!

Interesting development from phoning the police...apparently if we don't go into a police station and report it within 24 hours and if the woman has reported it, my girlfriend will be deemed to be in the wrong for not providing details at the scene, despite her efforts to get this woman to cooperate.

Apparently you cannot report over the phone. You have to go in person. My girlfriend is supposed to be working tomorrow, and was working today.

I'm fuming. How the hell is this a process?

They'll send you a speeding ticket quick as a flash, but someone actually causing an accident is a different story.

Last edited:
Interesting development from phoning the police...apparently if we don't go into a police station and report it within 24 hours, and the woman has reported it...my girlfriend will be deemed to be in the wrong for not providing details at the scene, despite her efforts to get this woman to cooperate.

Apparently you cannot report over the phone. You have to go in person. My girlfriend is supposed to be working tomorrow, and was working today.

I'm fuming. How the hell is this a process?

They'll send you a speeding ticket quick as a flash, but someone actually causing an accident is a different story.

Sorry to hear this bud. It's disgusting sometimes the way decent people are treated! ! Makes you wonder why you bother sometimes. I would def go to station tho to report it just in the off chance this peice off #### reports it first. Hope you get it sorted.

If your involved in an accident then it's you duty to immediately stop at the scene of the accident, remain at the scene and report the accident. These are three separate offences if you fail to do any of them. Policy for reporting such things varies from force to force to you should be able to report it over the phone. I'd say they want to check licence, insurance etc and have a look at the car and that's why they're asking you to go to the station.

As far as I remember you cannot be in the wrong if you are rear ended. The person behind was too close going too fast or both. Hope they catch her mate.

Just get her to bob in and report it then. Crap situation but they won't want a statement just details of her and the other driver.

It should be fine with work also, if you say sorry I'm late I needed to report a crime at the police station, I'm sure her boss isn't going to turn around and say 'not on my watch!'