Wire under seat for sliding mech

I was cleaning out the car the other day and spotted a wire poking out the back of the bottom of the drivers seat.

I didn't realise it was the wire that operated the mechanism which made the seat slide forwards and backwards when you let someone in the back, until I traced where it went and came from.

Anyway... I thought I'd try and re-make one. So I bought some 1.5mm braided cable from Homebase (£1.79 p/m) and bought some bicycle break line ends that you crimp on.

After feeding it all through the pipe work under the seat and through the spring loaded part and crimping the end on I was very pleased with my work :smile:...

...but then I tried it and found that the spring loaded part is putting too much load on the crimped end that connected to the seat back, resulting in it flying off.

The original wire had ends which looked kind of cast, so I'll have to try something a bit more solid I think.

Anybody had any similar troubles and manages to fix it.

I should mention that I have Recaros.

Are you talking about the little switch when the seat goes all the way forward? It's to tell the airbag that someone is sitting very close to it.