wiper fault?

just recently my wipers have been playing funny games! if i put them on intermittant they wipe twice on constant then nothing, if i try knocking it a notch down on slow constant.....nothing happens. then flick em off, try agin and it'll work.

any ideas?

get a t25 torx key, under steering wheel 2 screws, undo, pull plastic casing off top and bottom, check all wiring, and unplug the green lump with loads red cables going to it, plug back in and try again?

heard this worked for fog lights, and as all electrics go to the green block, worth a try.

EDIT:may have to twist steering wheel anti clock wise to gain access (is a pain in the arse iirc)

Last edited:
I had something similar accept mine were also stopping in random places, turned out to be water ingress on the state switch on the bottom of the wiper motor.

Basically the drain holes under the windscreen were blocked with crud which filled the scuttle up with water, the switch which tells the motor where the wipers are is on the bottom of the motor unit and the water had got in here and corroded the contacts up. stripped it all down and cleaned it up and its been fine since.

cheers guys, it has stopped in middle of screen once or twice. ill do both when i can be arsed. i did get 3months warranty with it so might just give it em and tell em wats its doin