Winter tyres

Hi there

I have a few questions relating to the rapidly approaching winter!

I am looking to get a set if winter tyres. My thoughts were to buy a set of cheap 16 or 15 inch alloys so making the tyres cheaper and more useable. Would smaller wheels fit around the brembo breaks?

If not I may be able to use my friends spare BMW MV2 alloys, 17 inch. They are 5 stud type, should there by any fitment issues?

I have a 200 with cup chassis, should the car have come with a jack? If not what is the best solution for changing the wheels at home?

Thanks in advance

Pedro.

Ok

Im not sure what the minimum wheels size is for the 197 but i would imagine its 17",

Hope im not teaching you to suck eggs but just because another wheel has five studs does not mean the bolt widths are the same its called PCD i beleieve the clio is 5x108 but im unsure of the BMW also the bore of the wheel may also be an incorrect size although you can adjust with spiggot rings,

The best winter tyre IMO http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Vredestein/Wintrac-4-Extreme.htm

Also Standard jacks are terrible i would invest in a trolley jack from halfords there not too expensive and are alot safer and will last for donkeys!

IMO i dont bother with winter tyres in this country too much fafing:tongueout: and unpredictable weather:tongueout:

I thought the same until last year when the road from my house had snow covering it for 6 weeks straight. I bought an old impreza estate just before that (I must have somehow know) last year so was fine but now my fiance uses that. I doubt the weather will be as bad this year bt if I don't go to work I dont earn.

I've got a set waiting to go on once the temps drop down to the 7 degree mark. Last winter i got up a road that a Nevara was struggling up. Mine are the same size as the std tyres, next time I'll try and get some narrower ones.

Similar Thread Suggestions