Winter is coming

love snow..wish we had more of it here...

I love if we will have proper winter.. really cold and lot of snow.
That makes winter for me. When i was kid all winter was like that. -30celsius many weeks and 1 meter of snow :smile:

My BMW was practically useless in even the lightest of snow. Surely a rear wheel drive car is the worst think you can drive in those conditions?

My BMW was practically useless in even the lightest of snow. Surely a rear wheel drive car is the worst think you can drive in those conditions?

You might think so but my daily drive is a rwd Mercedes & it's fine if you use winter tyres. I live in the Scottish Highlands & it was fine last winter including the couple of very snowy trips up the A9.

love snow..wish we had more of it here...

I disagree with you so much on this Pav :smiley: I hate the damn stuff and if I never saw another snowflake in England again I would be a very happy man! I dread winter :tongueout:anic:

has it changed since then??

2-3 last winters were warm. Not so much snow. It was raining water all the time :/

4wd car would be ideal, but i already have E46 with nordic winter tyres, no problem. And i have drove over 15 winters already.. in the snow. I am sort of seen it before.
Many winters with rwd car. It is great fun when new powder snow, and even more fun if you have limited slip diff.

still not convinced jimmy??
drift.jpg

Yep, we drive in frozen lakes too in winter =) Great fun.

I disagree with you so much on this Pav :smiley: I hate the damn stuff and if I never saw another snowflake in England again I would be a very happy man! I dread winter :tongueout:anic:

Loved it in school.

Now i I have to commute to work in my car I wish to never see it again, apart from maybe Christmas Day or New Year's Eve!

That does look a lot of fun [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] , but I'm more concerned about having to freeze my ****$ off in it everyday :swear: :smiley:

Girls hand eh Pav! Who's the lucky lady? :d

My winter tyres are going on Wednesday, I was squirming a bit this morning on 2mm tread eagle f1's on black ice lol!!! **** in pants moment!

wish i could say my workmate :001_tt1:
it was quite icy this morning..take it easy..i dont go over 4000 rpm if its like this...

LOL saw a BMW sliding its tail around all over the place this morning reversing out of a parking space on wet leaves...

Sold my Disco so definately no interest in snow - brings this country to its knees.

I remember once i was in Scotland and there was some snow in ground and people were in panic, falling into ground and cars stuck everywhere. It was interesting to see for my point of view. We do have snow every winter so i am used to it. Last weekend we got 15cm of fresh snow. :smile: It was beautiful every place in white and so good visibility compared to weather without snow. Usually dark all the time.

Similar Thread Suggestions