Winter Detail GW 200

I got a Meguiars DA Polisher for Christmas and managed to get a bit of time in the garage this week to give it a try on the Clio.

This is how the car usually looks:

yre9y2y3.jpg

nutytery.jpg

I locked myself in the garage for a few days and turned my dirty clio in to this:

u4yzeza8.jpg

(I hope the tapatalk image hosting is a decent enough quality for the results to be viewed.)

I used a mixture of Meguiars and Autoglym products. Meguiars products for the cutting and polishing and Autoglym products for the final polishing and sealing.

After all my hard work I can honestly say the car is gleaming. Not bad for my first attempt with a DA Polisher on this car.

However even though the car is spotless I'm still not happy with the paint finish. The orange peel on my car is ridiculous. I'll be looking to correct this when the summer comes.

udavyse5.jpg

I have driven the car about 20 miles since the photos where taken and it's pretty much back to being filthy. Still it was worth it.

Great job!

when the summer arrives, hopefully will get some good weather and it should stay gleaming longer!

This is most of what I used this time round:

qy5avehe.jpg

I've got a couple more products is like to try next time in place of the Simoniz Wax. I used the Simoniz Wax on a vintage vehicle and it was well suited to this type of paint. But on the Clio I felt I was having to use so much pressure I was undoing the work of the compounding and polishing.