Windscreen washer problem...help

One pump for both? That would suggest a simple blockage.

Cheap screenwash tends to gum up over time, get the pipes and jets off and soak them in really hot water.

aye - blockage or pipe caught somewhere.

Try operating washer with bonnet up - if it works then suggests close bonnet = trapped water pipe.

My missus' Ka had a blockage in the washer fluid resevoir, there was a rubber seal which also acted as a filter, completely guncked up with crap. I think it was from the watering can used to fill up the washer bottle. Not easy to repair, due to it's location, but not sure about the Clio. But oddly enough, the rear was working, allbeit slower. I think it was due to the fact that the rear doesn't use anywhere near as much water as the front.

i cant see the front and rear being the same pump. that means there would have to be a valve in the system to stop the rears working while the fronts were on and vice versa.

usually there are 2 pumps which fit into the same housing and washer bottle

can you hear the pump running when you try them? if so then i would say it was a blockage.

You can check the lines fairly simply under the bonnet.

If no obvious blockages then back to the garage mate.

Especially as you only picked it up a matter of days ago.

...definately check for a blockage...had this in my car already! I managed to clear it by filling the washer bottle with hot clean water....I used to have a Lupo GTi....this had two bottles and I assume two pumps! Found this out when I took it back complaining that my rear washer wasn't working....