window tints

getting the windows tinted tomorrow hopefull.not sure what tint to have?had a limo tint on the vxr,not sure whether to have the same again.what you think?

I'd have light/medium smoke on the rears and leave the fronts original.

Don't want it looking like a van afterall :wink:

would go with light smoked if anything...had medium on mine but ripped them off after a week! tints dont suit the clios imo...got a few pics of u wanna see

I had tints in the past. On my show car they looked mint but I think tints died along with the body kits and lexus light craze tbh.

I love my rear and tail gate tints, factory fitted so looks nothing like a van IMHO

I wouldn't go too dark, def not limo look.. not sure what the % of mine are but they arn't too dark.

I had 30% on mine which is nearly black. Very dark indeed.

I wouldn't have any darker than that because if you go limo black it looks like someone has painted your windows with Matt black paint.

Ive got factory rear and side on mine, going for a lighter tint on the fronts eventually to get it like my old car ;

DSC_0161.JPG

Subtle tints all round looks the nuts.

I think the legal limit on front is 40% or the back can be as dark as u like.

Subtle tints all round looks the nuts.

I think the legal limit on front is 40% or the back can be as dark as u like.

Absolutely :thumbup:

I'm not sure on the limit, but on the day i sold the car i got pulled by VOSA with the new owner in the passenger seat - if the fronts had been 1% darker they would have been issuing paper work :tongueout:anic:

Funnily enough they looked under the car and didnt comment on the de-cat :closedeyes:

All fronts from B pillar forward generally will already have the maximum tint allowed ie: graded AS1 windscreen and AS2 front sides. This tends to be the standard manufactured glass now. This is a 25% tint on windscreen and 30% tint on sides. Adding any extra tint puts you on dodgy ground. Anything behind the B pillar is game on to any level!

Hope this helps!

Fronts must let in at least 70% of light, for the rear I would go for about 35%

If you can find out what the factory tint level is then just go for that.

Fronts are tinted to the maximum legal level from the factory, so you can't touch those 'legally'.

Do you know what percentage the rears are done to Maz?