window sticking

my passanger side window 'sticks' going up and down

it has worked fine since i bought the car though i did notice the passanger window was slower than the drivers side

it does it with either drivers side or passanger side switch so cant be a dodgey switch

it goes down about 1" then stops then if i let go of the button and press again it drops another inch etc and its the same coming back up

anyone got any ideas?

cheers

My drivers side window is a bit dodgy sometimes too

Apparently if you hold the window switch up or down it will reset the electric windows, didn't fix mine but might be worth a try

only thing im thinking is if there is too much resistance there and the motor is stopping to stop itself fusing holding the button may make this happen

just fixed it

i ran it right down had to do it in about 5 or 6 goes though as it kept stopping. (i was bricking it incase it wouldnt go back up again) and sprayed a sh!t load od silicone down the runners.

i usually silicon the window rubbers every wash but only do the inside runners 1 or 2 times a year as it makes a mess on the glass

i hadnt done it on this car yet as i havent had it long and to be honest havent had the windows down much as its not really the weather

after 5 or 6 times up and down its going no problem now. it did take loads of spray to get it nice and free though. i would doubt they had ever been done.

it must have been getting slight resistance but enough to make the mechanism/motor think it was at its closed limit. sorted now though

everyone get out there and lube your window rubbers!

I guess it has that thing that stops itself when it sees load (to stop you chopping your fingers off). Will have to try this on mine when I get a chance

yeah thats what i reckon mate

when i can be arsed im going to take the door card off too and give everything in there a spray too

just fixed it

i ran it right down had to do it in about 5 or 6 goes though as it kept stopping. (i was bricking it incase it wouldnt go back up again) and sprayed a sh!t load od silicone down the runners.

i usually silicon the window rubbers every wash but only do the inside runners 1 or 2 times a year as it makes a mess on the glass

i hadnt done it on this car yet as i havent had it long and to be honest havent had the windows down much as its not really the weather

after 5 or 6 times up and down its going no problem now. it did take loads of spray to get it nice and free though. i would doubt they had ever been done.

it must have been getting slight resistance but enough to make the mechanism/motor think it was at its closed limit. sorted now though

everyone get out there and lube your window rubbers!

Hi Mate.

Did you have to take the whole door cards off, door handle,speaker etc to get inside to spray the runners and check the motor?

na mate just ran the window right down and squirted silicone lube right into the rubber window runners on the door frame. the front one (behind wing mirror mount) was probably a waste of time doing as its just felt so probably not very restrictive but the one on the door b-pillar looks like it could do with being sprayed from time to time as its rubber so probably gets quite restrictive when its dried out.

i think this happened to my car through lack of use to be honest

i might well take the door card off tough to grease all the internal moving parts of the mechanism but it seems fine now anyway

Had the same problem with passenger side when i had the 182, it never gets used and that is the cause.
Did the same as you to sort it.
The windows are fitted with a safe cut off so if you wind the window up and put your hand at the top when the glass hits your hand/fingers it will auto stop rather than chopping them off.