window seals

hello, the front facing rear window seals (if that makes sense) were replaced when i bought my clio about 2 months ago, however one of them looks to have been glued with thin air and good wishes only. Can anyone reccomnd a glue to reattach the seal to the the wondow interior? thanks.

get it replaced under warranty.

its mainly down to how soon the door is shut before it secures.

They don't need glue they are self adisive.Have they split by any chance???

I used some contact adhesive to stick mine in. No matter how well I cleaned to old one off I couldn't get the new one to stick into place properly.

I'm just hoping I don't have to change them again, evo-stick is a bit tought to get rid of!

They were split but I had them replaced before I picked it up, as I say however, one of them appears to have been pushed it rather than secured with some sort of glue. Don't really fancy contact adhesive in case they need doing again in the future, any other suggestions?

I cut a length of number plate double sided tape about 5mm wide and stuck mine back in-will see how long it stays put!

Ianboom.

My local Renault garage tried twice to secure mine but both attempts failed.I used an instant adhesive called Mitre Mate which I use in my joinery trade, its a 2-part adhesive with a glue & activator which sets instantly . I put the glue on the back of the strip & sprayed the activator on the window glass. They have`nt moved since.

I pulled my old split ones off.. Removed any of the old sticky with white spirit. Then cleaned properly using white spirit. I wrapped an old (white spirit soaked) rag round a knife to do a proper job.

Then peeled off the backing from the new ones and stuck them on, using the knife to Mae sure they're firmly stuck. They're not budging now. They'll also come off whenever they need replacing again.

Any job like this, it's all in the prep work..

Any job like this, it's all in the prep work..

I've literally just walked in from the garage after doing this.

Exactly what I've just done except used brake cleaner instead of white spirit. Used a knife to get off all the old adhesive crap, peeled the backing off the new ones, stuck on a treat!

I'v just got new seals for my 197. Do you need to take the back windows out to secure them properly or do they just push in?

I just pulled out old ones. Wiped it down with general cleaner and then peeled off sticking backing and set them under Windows. 5min job. Nice and easy.