Will lowering void my warranty?!

Hi guys, I've a non cup 197 and I'm really keen to have it lowered ever so slightly.

I've currently got 5 and a half months left of warranty with Renault on the car, and in all honesty having warranty is a bonus for me.. As I've needed it in the past.

Would lowering the car with some coilovers void my warranty completely? Or is there any way I could do this in accordance with the warranty?

Thanks in advance :bounce1:

I *think* it'd void the warranty on any related/connected suspension components.

Some manufacturers are more lenient than others, I'm sure somebody will be able to give you a more definitive answer. :smile:

Awesome, thanks for the advice. This is a tough one, as warranty is a MUST for me.. but at the same time I'm hating the ride height.

Anyone recommend anything?

I *think* it'd void the warranty on any related/connected suspension components.

Some manufacturers are more lenient than others, I'm sure somebody will be able to give you a more definitive answer. :smile:

I would agree with this, however it is largely dependant on the garage. By rights they can refuse to perform any work if it has been modified from the factory settings in any way, however it is unlikely they will, for instance if you lower and need to claim for the steering wheel melting, you would have a good case to argue they aren't related.

HTH :smile:

Double check with your dealer... If swapping to coilovers will only void the warranty on the wishbones, suspension bushes etc., then it might be worth doing if you're willing to take the risk on those parts. But if swapping to coilovers will void everything from your wheels to your gearbox (they might try the ''increased load/shock through the drivetrain'' if anything went bang) then you'll have to consider the ramifications.

You could just save up until March/April for when your warranty runs out and then have some money for more goodies. :wink:

*EDIT* - Everytime I've posted simultaneously with someone so far on this one!!! :smiley:

Very true, I could do the above.. but I've the intention to keep warranty for as long as I have the car. It's just peace of mind really.

Anyone recommend a more subtle way of lowering at all? Which may not be too conflicting with warranty?

Cup Pack Springs would be subtle, but they'll only offer around -7mm drop and are MEGA expensive from Renault, dearer than Cup Pack Dampers.

H&R (my preference) or Eibach springs would drop the height for you, but they're obviously not Renault parts and it's easy to tell when you look at them.

I wouldn't risk it. I personally think it would invalidad the warranty. If anythign fails suspension/chassis related first thing they are going to say is none OE suspension/components.

I do know someone who had a re-map and this actually invalidaded the warranty when they had engine problems.

Can you can wait 5 months then do the work then?? Not long to wait.

If they are fitted by your local Renault dealer you will be fine.
Lets be honest, the only parts due to fail on a Renault are the Renault ones! A set of KW V3's will come with their own warranty anyway.