Wideband gauge

F3x

Paid Member
I'm going to fit my wideband aem kit and I'm considering where to put the gauge....
What's your opinion? Where on the Dashboard? Near the gear lever?

And also which is the best place/wire to go for the 12v power?

Regards

Drivers air vent is a good place, if you only have 1 gauge that is. If you ever get more then I'd ditch the headunit for a carbon panel and install 2 or up to 3 gauges there. I personally hate obviously stuck on gauges on dashboards.

Cut the vent centre out, pretty easy, took about 30mins with a Dremel.
IMG_4004-750x410.jpg

Haven't got a pic of it in the car as it's still not installed yet.

But if you go that route and install in the vent then;
For power a [mini] fuse tap in the fuse box, which is just left of the steering coloumn. Or, take an accessory feed from the headlight dimming panel.
For earth there is a factory point on the pillar behind the asc switch.

Drivers air vent is a good place, if you only have 1 gauge that is. If you ever get more then I'd ditch the headunit for a carbon panel and install 2 or up to 3 gauges there. I personally hate obviously stuck on gauges on dashboards.

Cut the vent centre out, pretty easy, took about 30mins with a Dremel.
IMG_4004-750x410.jpg

Haven't got a pic of it in the car as it's still not installed yet.

But if you go that route and install in the vent then;
For power a [mini] fuse tap in the fuse box, which is just left of the steering coloumn. Or, take an accessory feed from the headlight dimming panel.
For earth there is a factory point on the pillar behind the asc switch.

What oil temp gauge is this? Would love one like it, is it all a kit?
Alex

[MENTION=50926]alex_hazard[/MENTION] It's an SPA dual oil temp/oil pressure gauge.

Not a kit but built up myself. Oil sandwich plate is a full flow take off (not a diverting plate for an oil cooler). Then tapped off the the main BSP ports are JIC/AN fittings (-4 size). Best to remote mount the pressure sender because hard mounting can prematurely kill them through vibration.
I don't remember what it cost getting all the bits, but probably not much change if any from £300.

[MENTION=50926]alex_hazard[/MENTION] It's an SPA dual oil temp/oil pressure gauge.

Not a kit but built up myself. Oil sandwich plate is a full flow take off (not a diverting plate for an oil cooler). Then tapped off the the main BSP ports are JIC/AN fittings (-4 size). Best to remote mount the pressure sender because hard mounting can prematurely kill them through vibration.
I don't remember what it cost getting all the bits, but probably not much change if any from £300.
Thanks for that mate, where abouts did you you buy from?

fittings and hose will have beenfrom either thinkauto or speedflow, gauge **** knows - I've owned it for years. DT sell them though.

Similar Thread Suggestions