Why your clio?

Prob been asked before but why did people buy their Clio's.

Iv always wanted a original Williams clio from a very young age and when the time came and me and the other half were getting a joint car I saw my girl online and I had to have her (not a REAL Williams but will do till I have a garage and can get myself one) within 24hrs it was mine. Never driven an RS before so when I test drove her I was drooling :drool:

Are most people like me and have always had a strange love for the clio or are you a covert from other cars?

Exactly the same as you mate.

Growing up, the Williams was always the obtainable dream car along with the 205GTi and 5 GT Turbo although those two were obviously a bit older than the Williams. Going through school, the 172 and then the 182 came out which was the natural progression for me to want after the Williams...

My parents bought me a driving day at Oulton Park for Christmas just after I passed my test and the learner car before going into a single seater Formula Brands was a Clio 197 which by this point had replaced the 182 on my want list. So the first time I ever drove an RS badged Clio was also the first time I ever drove on track, the track I'd grown up with as a second home. It was all very, erm, romantic hahahahaha!!!

Spent two years waiting for my insurance to drop and then as soon as it did, got myself a Nicole!!! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Mate worked for RUK so got 22% discount through friends and family. Went on to keep buying renaults although RUK sold all the dealerships and so the 22% discount went sadly.

Mate worked for RUK so got 22% discount through friends and family. Went on to keep buying renaults although RUK sold all the dealerships and so the 22% discount went sadly.

:blush:hmy: would have been nice to have that off lol my uncle works for fords so could get the same but don't like fords.

Never drove a 182 but really do want a go. The R27 is great but if a Williams came up that I could buy I wouldn't think twice. But then the OH would have to walk every where.

When the 197 come out i new i had to have a RS bang for buck you carnt beat them I set out to get a 200 or a R32 golf,got the 200 and lived up to expectations but would be nice to stuff the R32 engine in the 200:thumbsup:

I wanted an RS clio since I saw a low racing blue 182 with blue bullets and white writing after I passed my test, I drove my parents ph2 1.2 clio, then their ph2 1.5 clio... Then bought my own ph2 1.4 16v clio and made it into a partial trophy replica lol.

By this time I discovered liquid yellow and rb went out of the window. So it was a coin toss between a ly 182 or a ly/ag 197/200, my gf persuaded me to get a newer car so I settled on a ly r27 so I could get all the options without looking very hard haha

7bedb9aa003783139e2c8eaf207a569a_zps2c1586d7.jpg

I'm a convert - Ive always had 4x4's.

I was driving my jeep past the renault dealership last year, and there was a liquid yellow 200 parked on the forecourt. Caught a glimpse of the colour so just went in to get a closer look. I test drove it and left 3 hours later with a new car!

I wanted an RS clio since I saw a low racing blue 182 with blue bullets and white writing after I passed my test, I drove my parents ph2 1.2 clio, then their ph2 1.5 clio... Then bought my own ph2 1.4 16v clio and made it into a partial trophy replica lol.

By this time I discovered liquid yellow and rb went out of the window. So it was a coin toss between a ly 182 or a ly/ag 197/200, my gf persuaded me to get a newer car so I settled on a ly r27 so I could get all the options without looking very hard haha ��

7bedb9aa003783139e2c8eaf207a569a_zps2c1586d7.jpg

Great picture mate I love it :thumbsup: need a pic like that of mine. I know what you mean the LY is such a gorgeous colour and I love how everyone looks when she's clean and the sun is shining.

A mate of mine is a convert, he had a focus ST and then drove mine and got a nimbus 197 :smile:

I had always loved all the RS models, like willis the 172 came out when i was at school and had always wanted one. I eventually got my dream 182 at 20 years old......then 6 months later the R27 came out. My mate was working as a security guard at redbull racing and a bloke there had just got one in black, so i popped over to have a look. 3 days later i had a deposit down on my LY beast lol!! Nearly 6 years of ownership from new and i love it more than ever. This car will never go, been through so many ups and downs with it, and at times been the only thing thats put a smile on my face. Im getting buried in the ****er lol!!

Driven a lot of quick hatches and nothing comes close to how much fun it is (especially with my spec lol), only other car ive driven thats as fun is a 500bhp Focus RS!!

I wanted something fun this year to get me back into "useable" cars, as my other cars a "garage queen" and barely sees the light of day. I had a 5gt turbo back in the day, and always loved the clio Williams, so ive a soft spot for sporty Renaults, got a drive in a 197 and was hooked, now got a 200 and absolutely love it.

Great picture mate I love it :thumbsup: need a pic like that of mine. I know what you mean the LY is such a gorgeous colour and I love how everyone looks when she's clean and the sun is shining.

A mate of mine is a convert, he had a focus ST and then drove mine and got a nimbus 197 :smile:

Cheers, a lad over on Cs took it at CSS last year and I love it :smiley:

A mates coming round now in his ly 200, when he's here I always notice people slowing right down and staring when walking past my house haha. It's an awesome colour?

Lol brilliant, I bet he hasn't noticed a mpg change :tongueout:

He has actually. was getting 14mpg and now 27 i think. i cant work out why we only get 22 or 23mpg but its no big deal as only drive her on weekends for an hour or so :wink:

love how most people have always loved them and like me want a williams. saw some jammy nipper in southampton driving a very nice one. a bloke i know has a r26 and 2 williams sat on his drive way,if he ever sells up then one is mine :smile:

I had a clio for my first car and clicked straight away, had a few "quicker" cars inbetween, but fell in love with the bonkers spec of the RS Clios, and its such an easy car to drive daily without hassle or looking out of place

wanted something cheap and cheerful to down grade to but still have fun in. Along with looks and a slight "race" look/feel.

As a kid I'd always wanted a Williams, bought a clio 138 as couldnt afford a 197. Was faultless for the 3 years I had it and eventually bought a 197 last year. Love it.

Wanted a 182 but it sold before i got to it but i spotted the 197 and decided i wanted that instead. Coming from driving a 1ltr micra i nearly pooped myself the first time i gave it some beans. Good fun.

Go ask if you can buy one :tongueout:

I wanted a willy as well... And a r5 gtt... And an r5 turbo lol

Lol I have many a time and he won't budge. I look after the store he's a manager of so always see him, was lucky he didn't buy my car as he went to look at it but his other half said it wasn't big enough for a "family" car.

All different clio owners by the looks then