Why is selling my 200 proving so difficult.

I currently have for sale my full fat cup packed 200 for sale.
Ive had a shocking lack of interest in it, I've advertised on piston heads and not had much look. Condition wise it is fantastic. Price wise it's pretty much on par with everything else on there.
Is anyone else struggling to generate interest in a vehicle that you currently have for sale?
Obviously nobody is flush at the moment. I've noticed used dealers seem to be selling them well, could this be due to the fact they can offer px and finance packages ??
Joe

Probably one of the following:

You live in a remote area
Your advert is poorly written
It's too expensive

If you PM me a link to your advert I'd be happy to critique it for you if you like.

I live in a very central part of Yorkshire, my writing skills arnt the best I agree, however it's an accurate account of the car and my ownership. Price wise I think it's pretty fair, bearing in mind when it comes to the crunch rarely does a seller refuse a reasonable offer.

Thank you

Last edited:
The market went on it's arse when people couldn't get personal loans.

Before, person A borrows 6k to buy car off person B. Person B then buys 6k car off person C or borrows another 6k off a bank and buys 12k car off person D.

Because loans got so stupidly expensive or impossible to get it all stopped. Put the private market on it's arse.

Although, now loan rates are pretty low again although i've no idea what the acceptance rates are.. Or, people are just being more careful with their cash (or want a new white Audi instead)

I live in a very central part of Yorkshire, my writing skills arnt the best I agree, however it's an accurate account of the car and my ownership. Price wise I think it's pretty fair, bearing in mind when it comes to the crunch rarely does a seller refuse a reasonable offer.
Here is my link
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3972902.htm

Thank you

Quick look at your ad.. few points (all my opinion).

Pictures - no interior ones

Paragraphs - writing is not everyone's forte, but it's very hard to read. Try splitting it up slightly.

I don't personally like people trying to 'sell' their car, i know all about the car i'm looking at, all i want to know are the specific details.

I don't like when people put their reasons for getting rid either, it's almost like you're covering up another reason.

Mention it's still under Renault warranty with the option to extend.

So for me, no bull****. Just the facts. Hope this helps.

Quick look at your ad.. few points (all my opinion).

Pictures - no interior ones

Paragraphs - writing is not everyone's forte, but it's very hard to read. Try splitting it up slightly.

I don't personally like people trying to 'sell' their car, i know all about the car i'm looking at, all i want to know are the specific details.

I don't like when people put their reasons for getting rid either, it's almost like you're covering up another reason.

Mention it's still under Renault warranty with the option to extend.

So for me, no bull****. Just the facts. Hope this helps.

Nail on the head.

When I'm looking for a car, the longer and more detailed the advert is, the more care I think the owner has taken over their car.

Put the options in a list format, it's much clearer than listing them all in a paragraph.

^^^^ to both the above comments, yeah I see what your saying, maybe have a re right this weekend. It's true writing isn't my thing, cheers guys.

I always find a good and bad points list useful when looking at cars, even if the cars a minter when nothing bad is mentioned people automatically assume too good to be true usually is.

You just want to sum it up in a short paragraph, and bullet point everything else. ie;

• "Full Fat"
• CUP Suspension
• Recaro Seats
• Cup Spoiler
• Air Conditioning
• 12345 miles
• TAX until december

etc etc highlight the features. Get some interior photos up too

Agree with most of the above but I bought one of these a few months ago and your advert would not have put me off apart from;

Knowing the inevitable depreciation hitting, and still about to hit these cars, the price and 'no silly offers' phrase most definately would.

The car looks sound and attractive but how many private buyers with cash waiting are there out there at the moment? If you're willing to hold on for a while then fine. Otherwise IMHO I think this is overpriced.

When I was looking for mine I enquired about everyone single one which I thought was reasonably priced, or I could get to a price I was willing to pay, regardless of advert content.

The advert will make it easier to stand out though.

I hate this sentance "Ive had some very powerful and expensive machinery in recent years" tractor? digger? forklift... As others have said keep it simple. Let the pictures do the talking. Both sides, front, back and interior. Remove the pictures of the wheels off and the one that is sideways.

As Jimbo said drop the FF, dont even put cup packs, put what it really is:

Optional extra Cup Chassis Pack.

Last edited: