Why is it so hard?

TRC1418

Paid Member
I'm looking forward to seeing how alot of peoples 197s come out, especially Seans, Kevo's and Ben's, but I noticed something that 'Der Abt' written earlier, in regards to ECU mapping etc, which brings me onto this: why is it so hard in the UK to get bits and bobs that will make a serious difference to your 197, ok so u can get cams n whatever but really, Kevo's saying hes the first one with a one away ECU, Sean's one of if not the first to supercharge his, and really, everyone goes to KTEC, and not being funny, but KTEC are damn expensive lollllllllll I think its very very limited what you can do to 197s, even with the 172s 182s there so much u can do to them, but i suppose over time there will be more things released to improve performance, even so, the 200 is out now so is that even so?.. what do u think?

Make the parts urself, works out cheaper than k-tec lol. other than there 2 piece front disk's! they're not bad at all!

thats what i mean 172s have been out for time but you know, its not like the 197 hasnt been out since early 06 n were heading towards 2010 now lol..

well, there is a whole host of renault sport bits you could get. you can buy the whole kit to take a 197 to 250bhp on single throttle body if you want.

there is a 197 on throttle bodies already, and a turbo;d one, but you either pay people to do the work and develop the parts or you put man hours in to getting what you want.

try finding a decent track suspension setup. i am speaking to bilstein, but its difficult to get something thats more track focused than the KW V3's and its giving me a headache lol.

i dont blame them. they have a UK monopoly on selling clio parts to clio cup drivers, why would they bother with people wanting bits for road cars, but yeah, they are very unhelpful.

phone with the part number and credit card and its fine lol