Why I hate cliosport.net...

this isnt aimed at cs as such but sometimes when people are helped or ask questions a thank you goes a long way - been many a time you post loads of help etc and you dont get anything - sometimes even sort of ignored...

just left a group on fb as some couldnt be bothered to thank you for help!!!
A simple thank you cost's nothing to!
Yeah banter goes a long way on forums, Ive had a right laugh whilst being on here for a year, friendliest forum ive been a member on

And it's turned you into a "DON" chris:thumbup1:

I will not bother with CS now i was just about to join:wink:

When I was on TOC there was a member off cs who bought a rs133 then started acting like a nob on people's posts. Lots of people feel out with him

CS.net even managed to make Henk from fastchip.nl shut down his traders section there. And From my experience he seems to be a very, very patient lad...

I got flamed and abuse on CS for asking if there was a way of getting the indicator to flash 3 times with a single tap, motorway lane change feature I believe its called. Personally I thought it was a simple enough question as I've had that feature on a good few cars going back well over 10 years but it seemed I had some how personally insulted several people's mothers. I've not posted on CS since and rarely even visit the site. Much nicer folk on here.

Any luck with that?? I once borrowed a volkwagen van and it had this, a good feature to have.

The thread in the OP involves Chip. Worlds biggest prick and thinks he knows literally everything. Block him and the world will continue to spin on it's axis

I love C.S, genuinely find at least 5 interesting threads everyday plus some of the car builds are very good!

Major problem over there is the sheer number of members and new members who are unable to use the search function.. If you've been on there for any length of time you'll understand the reason why people can seem quite harsh on newcomers asking basic questions that have been asked 000's of times

I've lost count the amount of times "1*2 insurance help" has come up as a new thread.

It can get Ridiculous sometimes

I love C.S, genuinely find at least 5 interesting threads everyday plus some of the car builds are very good!

Major problem over there is the sheer number of members and new members who are unable to use the search function.. If you've been on there for any length of time you'll understand the reason why people can seem quite harsh on newcomers asking basic questions that have been asked 000's of times

I've lost count the amount of times "1*2 insurance help" has come up as a new thread.

It can get Ridiculous sometimes

Its a good point. Everything magnified by 10x, if there are 10x more members, therefore 10x more idiots and 10x the same repetitive questions. CS does seem to have its fair share though...If we feel that 197/200 owners have it bad on there....you wait till they get hold of the new 200T owners!!!! lol

If you don't have a 1*2, it's not worth owning a car is the vibe I get from there, as they are far superior to the 197/200 which is heavy and slow, unless its storm grey or alien green which is hero spec..

The thread in the OP involves Chip. Worlds biggest prick and thinks he knows literally everything. Block him and the world will continue to spin on it's axis

I enjoy Chips posts, but as ive never had any direct contact with him, i take all his posts with a pinch of salt.

I only use CS for the trader section and projects anyway.... although its always an easy place to upset people!

Got a good keyring from there too! :smiley:

I use CS a fair bit. I browse around and read project threads etc as I am interested in cars, what people are doing etc etc. With all places there are good and bad points, as it has already been pointed out, it is a larger community with a higher ratio of new members asking the same questions, so you can see how people get "short" when replying which can come off rude and impolite.
But being a bigger community they have more meets, and therefore more opportunities to meet people and enjoy the thing we have in common, our cars which is the bit I most use it for.

In a virtual world it is easy to make yourself appear bigger, if you were face to face and they going you were making comments about was 6"8 and built like a tank, you aren't going to be saying the same things. It is easy to pretend to be someone you are not online.
But in CS's defence, what can you do about it? You need members to keep signing up and to keep it all going, or it dies on its ass. Hand out mod rights? But then you need people you can trust who will do the correct things, have a balanced view etc, to promote a fair image and all that. Finding someone you can trust online and not abuse the rights and trust you give them isn't easy. (this come from experience within gaming and dishing out admin rights for servers to numpties who then ruin the image of a clan)

All the people I have met from there at meets etc. have all be nice, a laugh and I have nothing bad to say about them - (inc Chip - @ danny - you ever actually met him?) Most of the time I hear good compliments about my car, and when people have seen it in the flesh they always have a nosy, but then it is damn ass sexy :tongueout:

I use here for the technical stuff or questions, just out of common sense that the problem has a high chance of being diagnosed here, as there are more people with the same car.

Each community has its + and - points. But its the same everywhere, different people have different points of view, and some are unable to handle that someone think differently to them - on CS recently a thread about the RS2 inlet.

At the end of the day, CS didn't receive the 197/200 as well, all they have done is lost that part of the community they could of had. So their chance to make it better etc has been lost.

Will the same mistake be made with the 200T??

I think I got put off CS due to the trolls and put off their 'meets' after seeing some of the yorkshire lot at the time drive. Measured would not be the right word, more death wish.

Thing is on here now there are very few of the regulars I haven't met in person, I think the only ones are those at the extreme ends of the country like n0ddie so it's nice to put faces to names etc.

When I bought mine the main reaction from most the CS lot to the new cars were that they were ugly and somehow not as good as their 172/182s. They appear to have somewhat come round to them once they all experienced the newer cars in person or spectating.

As for the new 200T, we already have the name so they'll be more than welcome here even if I despise their gearboxes and extra doors :wink:

CS do seem to like using 'FLOL' alot. I dont dare post on it incase i somehow offend one of them, even if i can answer someones question.

Its a good point. Everything magnified by 10x, if there are 10x more members, therefore 10x more idiots and 10x the same repetitive questions. CS does seem to have its fair share though...If we feel that 197/200 owners have it bad on there....you wait till they get hold of the new 200T owners!!!! lol

Threads like this genuinely don't do the "community" any good.

in agreement :thumbup1::bat::eek: