Why do members look a new members posts but do not say Hello???

Hi guys why do members look at new members post saying Hi but do not say Hello Welcome just Why we were all new once ????

Its the same as meeting new people when you go out. Im still a bit iffy about getting involved with conversations because nobody knows me!

Its the same as meeting new people when you go out. Im still a bit iffy about getting involved with conversations because nobody knows me!

We were all new once mate, I know what you mean though but we're a friendly bunch :smile: bit mad but friendly.

I consider myself still new to this forum in comparison to a lot of the common posters, but I've never felt more at home (without wanting to sound cheesy). Everyone is mega friendly and helpful, no spiteful comments like on other Clio forums, and the mechanical advice is second to none. The first meet I went to last year, it was awesome how sound everyone is. I've been and met a bunch of members now and I can't wait for the next. I'm on the site constantly seeing what people are up to with their motors and just general chit chat. Honestly, can't praise this place enough! One of the reasons I got the car!

I consider myself still new to this forum in comparison to a lot of the common posters, but I've never felt more at home (without wanting to sound cheesy). Everyone is mega friendly and helpful, no spiteful comments like on other Clio forums, and the mechanical advice is second to none. The first meet I went to last year, it was awesome how sound everyone is. I've been and met a bunch of members now and I can't wait for the next. I'm on the site constantly seeing what people are up to with their motors and just general chit chat. Honestly, can't praise this place enough! One of the reasons I got the car!

Couldn't agree more.

At a guess everyone who joins is a big boy and doesn't require pandering to by 100 people saying welcome.

If people get miffed that they don't get load of replys the internet is probably not a place they should persist in.

At a guess everyone who joins is a big boy and doesn't require pandering to by 100 people saying welcome.

If people get miffed that they don't get load of replys the internet is probably not a place they should persist in.
Your missing the point I was asking why people click on a post and read it but do not say hello that's all buddy

Your missing the point I was asking why people click on a post and read it but do not say hello that's all buddy

I got your point.

But the description of the sub-forum for New Members is "New members - introduce yourself and your car." not "New members - introduce yourself and receive many welcomes from all the current members.".
If people choose to read the new members introduction post and not reply, they're still fulfilling the aims of the sub-forum without responding with a 'welcome'.

It's a given that new members are welcome, very welcome.

People are made to feel welcome in other ways that are FAR more important than a simple one word 'welcome' response. If the day comes when people don't feel welcome for any reason then we can worry, but that day is not this one :wink:

I got your point.

But the description of the sub-forum for New Members is "New members - introduce yourself and your car." not "New members - introduce yourself and receive many welcomes from all the current members.".
If people choose to read the new members introduction post and not reply, they're still fulfilling the aims of the sub-forum without responding with a 'welcome'.

It's a given that new members are welcome, very welcome.

People are made to feel welcome in other ways that are FAR more important than a simple one word 'welcome' response. If the day comes when people don't feel welcome for any reason then we can worry, but that day is not this one :wink:

your so grumpy :wink::jump1:

but there lots of read only posts and very little comments at times...just one of those things really I say

I'm new on here but is a decent site decent members , some I will get on with some I won't , but that's life , (frank Sinatra ) good to have a p take banter etc , specially out of Kev , cos he likes sheep !! And can't drive lol

I'm new on here but is a decent site decent members , some I will get on with some I won't , but that's life , (frank Sinatra ) good to have a p take banter etc , specially out of Kev , cos he likes sheep !! And can't drive lol
Thanks love you tooooooo Sweetness [MENTION=50503]Gary Royle[/MENTION]

lol we didn't scare you off then at the first meet. Was lucky you were there as would have been no clios there otherwise lol