Why can't idiots learn to park/drive properly!

So Chipsaway have offered £180 for the dent, which is annoying but fair enough... it is what it is!

The part that concerned me is when he started mentioning words such as "lacquer" "paintwork" "touch up", and that it would look "like new"... I think I would rather have the small dent than a potential liquid yellow mismatch!

Pretty much bang in the centre of the image, not the best photo but the best I have at the minute! I've tried applying a lot of pressure around the area to get it out, but it's such an awkward area to get out!

7e4bcfa94d2f19ec3030dc1e303e6a9c.jpg

Hope you can manage it to get it sorted Ross. Just adds to the frustration I imagine when you got the reply from Dent Devils! £180 is a lot to pay because of someone else's cackhandedness....

Just to add some reassurance, I had a brand new Polo R-Line a few years ago, my first ever brand new car and pride and joy, and ended up with exactly the same damage you have; a scuff and a dent right on the 'line' of the arch. I thought it'd be difficult to put right because of the location, and one or two guys did turn it down like DentDevils have with you, but found a really great guy locally who sorted it no problem, good as new. He had to drill some tiny holes in behind the arch to get access to behind the dent, but afterwards sealed them up properly so no water/salt/etc. could get in behind. He also polished out all of the scuffs, apart from a few tiny bits that were too deep. I lived with that though, was just over the moon to get the dent out!

Not much help as the guy I used obviously doesn't cover your area, but it's perfectly possible to get out. Maybe do as I did and polish as much as possible, not bother with any paint? Especially as LY is so tricky.

Reactions: RossWoods93
@ChrisF1 Thanks for that bud! Appreciate the peace of mind that it can be sorted, it's always good when you can find a body repair guy thats equally as enthusiastic about cars as yourself, you know that they'll take a level of care (such as filling in the holes after!) rather than cutting corners to get the job done!

I doubt anything paint wise needs to be done, but I'll assess it once I've got the scuffs out!

Reactions: ChrisF1
RESULT Ross ! Looks great.

Saved alot a ball-ache with painting, no car, possible paint-match issues etc too.

Nice :smile:

Thanks guys,

Really chuffed, still got the minor dent but I will tackle that in the future when need be! Looks awesome compared to what it was!

Thanks guys!

Only had a short time to do it, had plans this afternoon so just that panel, then washed the rest of the car!

Unsure on the pad/polish was used, my cousins the expert I left him to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk