• Sebastian Vettel

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Lewis Hamilton

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul

Platinum Member
So then who is going to keep it together long enough to take the victory.

Red Bull could have good a long way to wrapping it up at the weekend but threw that opportunity away. There is no point being fast if you can't finish! I think RBR need to back Webber to the end, he has been more consistent and is higher up the standings, Vettel is too much of a liability given past performances.

Alonso has the momentum and the ability to go on and win. It has come good for them at a late stage. If it had been a normal season with 1 or 2 clear contenders from the halfway point he wouldn't have stood a chance but with several drivers taking points off each other its a lot more open than it should be. Having said that though if wouldn't have an 11 point lead if it weren't for the 'team orders' scandal!

Button is well aware that he has no chance of back-to-back championships, so Hamilton should have all the support he needs. If he hadn't DNF'd so much recently he would have 100% of my backing to take the title. As it stands I think he can still win but it wont be enough to come 1st, others like Webber and Alonso have to miss out on the points.

My heart is willing Hamilton to win but it is far from certain. My head says Alonso is too good a driver and the Red Bull is too fast not to be a contender!

I look forward to seeing it unfold over the next few weeks! :thumbup:

Vettel would be flying ahead if his car was reliable. He's not a liability, his car is! He'll be in a new engine for the last two races, my money's on him for sure.

Red bull should have won both titles ages but have let themselves down by being a team that doesn't work as a team and poor reliability. Plus vetted is a car wreaker.

I'd love to see Hamilton lift it but he may struggle with the car. Second favourite would be Webber, I can't stand the thought of Nando and Ferrari winning the title. The bloke can drive but he is such an a***

As long as Vettel doesnt win it al be happy tbh.

Think Alonso is gonna win it if Red Bull dont support Webber.

I must say the new system has shaken things up and makes it more exciting to see how quickly the championship lead can change :smile:

An idea of Bernies I actually agree with

Well i was thinking Webber up until yesterday, but no im not so sure. Vettel IS a liability, always has been, always will be. The Red Bull has been exceptional this year compared to it being unreliable for the past couple of seasons.

Id like to see Hamilton get his second championship, but i think the nerves are getting to him.

Alonso seems to have the coolest head and if he keeps consistent while the others are loosing the plot he may clinch it... but then i want Alonso to die in a ball of flames lol

Lol some of these comments are brilliant! :lol:

Alonso really is arrogant and I hate him in every sense of the word! But his current form speaks volumes. Plus he is on a high from the past few races. Mclaren haven't had the quickest car all year but consistency (up to Sept) got them into a good position. Like Jaxx says the nerves are piling on Hamilton after the DNF's but since Sunday I think he will regain some of the confidence, which will work well as long as the car is competitive. IMO Vettle is only happy with a clear track ahead of him, if it isn't he will make stupid errors; eg Spa, Turkey etc etc!

Lol some of these comments are brilliant! :lol:

Alonso really is arrogant and I hate him in every sense of the word! But his current form speaks volumes. Plus he is on a high from the past few races. Mclaren haven't had the quickest car all year but consistency (up to Sept) got them into a good position. Like Jaxx says the nerves are piling on Hamilton after the DNF's but since Sunday I think he will regain some of the confidence, which will work well as long as the car is competitive. IMO Vettle is only happy with a clear track ahead of him, if it isn't he will make stupid errors; eg Spa, Turkey etc etc!

Couldnt agree more. I do detest Alonso for the same reasons, but hes the only one with real focus to the job in hand... but in his usual smarmy, smug, attitiude... he also knows that! :bat:

Im dissapointed with McLaren for this season, i feel they have put on a poor show and not paraded themselves as a world class team. From stupid incidents that you wouldnt even tarnish a newcomer team with, like leaving radiator bungs in the side pods, right upto setting the car up so it handles like a container full of jelly. It feels like there has been a lack of communication on the shop floor.

I feel sorry for Button and Hamilton as a result. Both excellent drivers for very different reasons, they have been slightly tainted by the men they rely on.

Ive been impressed with the Red Bull car, certainly an impressive and inovative machine (blown diffuser and the "self adjusting" wing for technical kudos) especially from a team that has also developed substantially over the last few years. Just a shame both drivers have massive ego's.

And im not being a fanboi, but i think Renault have done fantastic this year. Not been a frontline team but theyre improving all the time and they have a fast and reliable machine. Kubica has pulled a few tricks and always been in the thick end of the points, and although Petrov is a bit of a looney (and a newbie) i think the bloke has potential.

Same goes for Force India, couple more seasons and i can see them finishing regular in the points with both cars.

Last edited:
I was thinking Vettel at the start of the year, I like him.

But I was hoping Lewis or Jenson for obvious reasons. I really can't take to Webber, I don't know what it is about him but I really do not like the guy. No doubt he's a good driver, just don't like him. I hope he doesn't win it, but it's looking quite likely if he can stay on the bloody track... Whinging about the rain at the weekend just reminded me of Clarkson driving the Holden on Top Gear with the car shouting ''Poofta'' when he turned the TC on. :smile:

I hate Alonso. I really, really hate Alonso. But, I think he might just nick it. ****.

Last edited:
I used to be a huge fan of Alonso's, ive even a model R26 Renault f1 car signed by him, untill he went to McLaren and became a huge whinge bag. he spent half of this season stressing about lewis, why? :S

Vettel would be flying ahead if his car was reliable. He's not a liability, his car is! He'll be in a new engine for the last two races, my money's on him for sure.

if he does use a "new" engine its a 10place drop - he has "used" all 8 engines - out of those some have mileage left to be used - the one that blew up sunday was at the end of its mileage limit !!!

as for winners - well dont want webber as he is an ozi and i aint in to like them for personal reasons...

vettle - wouldnt mind him winning it

hamilton - would be brill if he pulled it off - but his dnf i think have robbed him of that chance

alonso - dont like his attitude and how he was bitching about everyone when he couldnt get the car to race proper - not only that he wont be able to get his big head in to any helmets if he does win !

:foxspeed:

And im not being a fanboi, but i think Renault have done fantastic this year. Not been a frontline team but theyre improving all the time and they have a fast and reliable machine. Kubica has pulled a few tricks and always been in the thick end of the points, and although Petrov is a bit of a looney (and a newbie) i think the bloke has potential.

Same goes for Force India, couple more seasons and i can see them finishing regular in the points with both cars.

Once again couldn't agree more! maybe not with the bit about Petrov. After his crash at the weekend he know he has to enjoy the next two races as they will be his last for Renault (unless Bernie steps in, he wants a Russian race and is trying to get interest over there). I normally don't like Raikonnen as he is as dull as dishwater off the track, but I would be happy to see him sat in a Renault next season. I could see a few podiums if he did join!

Force India have done exceptionally well this season, Sutil has had some amazing drives and is not afraid to overtake (Sunday :lol:smile:. The same goes for Kobayashi, he was brilliant at Suzuka!

Kimi totally dismissed the idea of going to Renault next year other week, as if he was to come back into F1 would would have to be with a top team