Who do you put a price of a second hand PC?

vivid white

Platinum Member
Hi All,

This is to anyone who might be in the know but how do you put a sale price on a second hand PC?

I had a PC built a couple of years ago and am looking at selling it now to raise a bit of cash towards something new but i have no idea on how to value it.

Thanks
James

Good plan. Not sure what all the components are though. I will post the spec up later when im home. Its not any special but like i said just want a bit towards something new.

Second hand values of PC's is kak. Problem with these things is there is some updated all singing part coming out just as you buy your all singing part thats just been released.

I know that second hand prices are rubbish for PCs but id rather get something for it rather than just chucking it in a skip or leaving it in a cupboard to collect dust.

i guess its only worth what people are willing to pay. best thing to do is stick it on ebay listing the spec and then sort of start it at a realistic starting price and wait and see! if its not upto no where near a good price (eg £5 ) with only a day left on the listing, then you can always end it! :smile:

Is there any software out there that i can run on my PC and it will tell me exactly what hardware i am running. Model numbers etc.

Thanks

Right I have:

AMD Athlon II X3 425
4096 MBytes DDR2
Radeon HD 4650
500GB Hardrive

It also has a snazzy case with a perspex window in the side.

Anyway I know the spec isnt a record breaker but just wondered whether it would have any value.

Thanks
James