Who Cleans their Exhaust ??

porsche_gregory

Platinum Member
Now im sure I have read there is someone with a little OCD when it comes to cleaning their exhaust. (Standard 197 exhaust, that cant really been seen unless you get low or are stood far back). More understandable to clean a aftermarket one that can been seen without crouching lol

Just wondering who it is and if they have any shiny pics, guna attempt to get mine cleaned up and just wana see what results they got. Im just guna use some wirewool to hopfully get of all the baked on sh!t !!

Dont know why but something makes me think its Mike (sorry if its not you mike)

I can understand on a twingo as the exhaust is visable but im just trying to justify cleanin mine on the 197 as its barely visable !!

I do, got no pictures though, I don't do it every time I clean my car, purely because I can't be arsed lol, is worth doing though as it does make it abit more visable!

I've polished mine too. Doesn't take long first of all with wire wool then finish it off with Autosol. It looks grand :wink:

What do you use the Autosol/ Meg's Metal Polish for, iv given it little go with the wirewool and it seems to come up quite well, does Autosol seal it to make it easier to clean in future ??

Don't clean mine, really don't see the point plus they would be really fiddly to clean with the diffuser being quite close

Giles does, it was him that made me do mine.

But after a 40 mile drive, they were black ish again lol :smile:

I only clean the exhaust surrounds on the 200. Cant see the rest, so it doesnt concern me.

Used to clean quite a large amount of my 172's exhaust though. Autosol ftw

i think the op means the actual back box thats really hard to see on a 200 or 197 the trims are a must lol its usualy just a wipe over at the mo on mine as there still fairly new

I dont do mine at all, attempted it once - it didn't work so I have convinced myself it looks better with them black! :wink:

IMG_20110319_140612.jpg

That's mine, wonder if Giles will post his up - it looks brand new lol!

I've never clean the exhaust itself, I clean the annoying chrome trims on my 200 but only because it a) looks crap and b) if left the soot would eat into the chrome.

Just use some metal polish or some chrome polish I have left over from my harley.

I do the out side from time to time, but dont do the inside as i think it looks better black shows them off better i think :smile:

it me I clean mine

43.gif

didn't use metal polish or anythings. Just a soft cloth to clean them after I wash the car.

Tried once killed me trying to get to it because I can't bend so gave up
Giles that looks soooo good

I really wouldn't bother on the standard exhaust. I spent 3 hours on mine once, and you could hardly tell unless you were under the car!