Which Tyres?

Hi all,

Firstly, sorry for not searching, i haven't got a great amount of time to search atm, looking for good advice if anyone can assist?

Not really looking at staying with Conti's. I thought about Toyo T1R's but then someone mentioned that Kumho's are a good option?

Thoughts? Wanting the best tyre for the best price, as i'm a Yorkshire man. :thumbsup:

215-45-17 btw.

John

How about trying the new Bridgestone's that come on the Megane Trophy?

Bridgestone Potenza RE050A's.

Thats the ones I'll be giving a go next.

im in the same boat and will be looking at the RE050A's

awesome reviews and plus i get discount on bridgestone. win!

I've gt the bridgestones on the front of mine, good tires didn't notice any difference to the contis tbh. Also I've found them to wear kinda fast but that could be my driving :smiley: done about 6k miles on them and they're down to 4mm

I had a good look around for buying mine, basically the lead tyres from conti, Goodyear, Dunlop, Bridgestone etc... are all very similar. So whatever you can get your hands on cheapest tbh mate

http://www.racecarnewmedia.com/bmtr/news.asp?NewsID=45

apparently these are second to r888's and you cant go wrong for that price

id stay away from kumho ecstas... theyre only alright on my car, id hate to see how they react to 180+ bhp. and theyre not very good in the wet

Two mates have tried the RSR's (Jap 4x4 turbos, cadwell park) and claim they are good but a lot of sidewall movement, quite soft.

Doesn't have particually good reviews from the one site i've just clicked on.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Bridgestone/Potenza-RE050A.htm

I've fitted R050A's to the front of my clio and i think they are great, can't say as i've pushed too hard in the wet on them but in the dry i was impressed, took all cadwell threw at them too.

Well ive plumped to try the rsr on road..had tried it on track.
For the price delivered, cant go wrong!

Hankook V12 Evos are good, especially considering the price. Had them all round on my 197 when I p/x'd it in. Got them on the front of the MPS now.

hend[LEFT said:
[/LEFT]erson;253169]i'll also be going for these when my conti's are done,£111 each from camskills last time i looked

The link on the first page is current. £81.60 a tyre inc vat. 4-6 delivered is an extra £24.
Awesome price 8)

In all my experience and that is a lot at the tender age of 50, your car is only as good as them tyres it runs on, ok save a few pounds on initial purchase but a lot of these so called budget performance tyres will cost you in the end. Reason being you ask, 1. Lower performance, less fun. Ok so you saved a few pounds. 2. A lot of these tyres have a higher rolling resistance so your fuel consumption suffers, ok it may only be 1mpg but that with the lower life mileage of these cheaper tyres is actually costing you money in the long run. If you are serious about your car and love the driving experience you buy the best tyres you can. I am Michelin through and through, regularly seeing 15000 plus miles and good consumption figures whether running a 200 Clio a 400 bhp Focus or the wife's Porsche.

Conclusion slow drivers use cheap tyres, serious drivers, use the best, it's not about budget, it's common sense.

In all my experience and that is a lot at the tender age of 50, your car is only as good as them tyres it runs on, ok save a few pounds on initial purchase but a lot of these so called budget performance tyres will cost you in the end. Reason being you ask, 1. Lower performance, less fun. Ok so you saved a few pounds. 2. A lot of these tyres have a higher rolling resistance so your fuel consumption suffers, ok it may only be 1mpg but that with the lower life mileage of these cheaper tyres is actually costing you money in the long run. If you are serious about your car and love the driving experience you buy the best tyres you can. I am Michelin through and through, regularly seeing 15000 plus miles and good consumption figures whether running a 200 Clio a 400 bhp Focus or the wife's Porsche.

Conclusion slow drivers use cheap tyres, serious drivers, use the best, it's not about budget, it's common sense.

I agree..on some of your points, but cheaper choice does not always mean worse or that your a slow driver either. And in today's age it is a lot about budget for a lot of people.
You have to be willing to do some research, read reviews and sometimes just take the plunge and try 'other' brands. Otherwise how will you know for sure if they are any good.
For instance i tried the 595 rsr's on track & rated them highly..as have a lot of people.
They have gone up in price to between £111-£132 each. The fact that BMTR are happy to sell them for under £82 is great...doesn't mean im a slow driver or lack common sense, surely?!
It's good to see you are brand loyal to Michelin..get plenty of mileage and get good fuel consumption out of them too. Thats your choice 8)
Mileage and fuel consumption do not even register on my radar for tyres.
I look at wet & dry grip levels and braking performance and getting the best bang for buck too, without jeopardising safety.
Choice...It's a great thing 8)

Last edited:
iv just put handkook k110 v12s on mine and they were ^(.60 a tyre and free delivery and went out wid them on last nite and at the mo i realy like this tyre but nt 100 wat it will do and a month or so's time