which oil is best?

If you get 5 ltrs you might need more between 0 to 400ml.
Depend how well you drained the previous oil .
As shuv said just get another liter just incase.
Personally i end up putting 5.1-5.2 (sometimes even 5 is enough)
Anyhow 100-200ml wont be harmfull .
You recommend draining first? I was simply going to top up.

You recommend draining first? I was simply going to top up.

I think he means if you are doing a full oil change, Shelly. No need to do anything other than just topping up, if that's what you're getting the oil for. It is cheaper to buy in bulk, as you're doing!

Reactions: shells2074
That's the cost of a ramp for 2 hour's on top haha. I'm topping up guys. I know it's probably not getting the full performance with mixing but that's as good as it gets for me. At least I'm a 'Yorkshire broad' that maintains her own car to a degree ha

Oh i thought you were kidding lol .
Then if you only top up just get one litre bottle .
If you just need small amount to top up its not that necessary at all .
If its about half litre just try to get the same oil you used at the service time.

well everyone (almost) here has a different opinion in this subject ..
ill just put a list for you with the most recommended/used oils here :
All are 5W40
Castrol edge
Mobil1
Elf evolution /900sxr (not sure if they are the same)
Shell ultra helix
some uses motul 300v too /Motul 8100
fuchs race pro s
you can get from opieoils
P.s also millers but i cant remember which type exactly .
and if youll need gearbox oil too so go for ELF Nfp 75w80 (make sure its the new formula-that meets the requirements for TL4 boxes)
or Fuchs 75w80 -those seems to be the most used in these boxes(i highly recommend the new nfp one)

Just looking at gearbox oil again as Iv been sent the wrong oil. (It's being returned)
When I look for oil for the TL4 it's coming up with NFP and NFJ which one is the one we need? As in your post your saying NFP but the guy at the oil place is saying NFJ

Thanks in advance
Pez

Reactions: Legend@wheels
You can use both NFJ or NFP. I believe the difference is NFJ is semi synthetic and NFP is fully synthetic. So if you plan to track then NFP would be better.

Just looking at gearbox oil again as Iv been sent the wrong oil. (It's being returned)
When I look for oil for the TL4 it's coming up with NFP and NFJ which one is the one we need? As in your post your saying NFP but the guy at the oil place is saying NFJ

Thanks in advance
Pez
Hi mate
Well, both suit our gearboxes but if youll go into oil's specs the nfp is a bit better than the nfj .
What ever youll pick will be fine - i prefer the nfp.
* make sure tl4 or tlx is mentioned on the label because iirc old versions of the nfp oil wasnt for tlx boxes.

Reactions: RSPez