Which aftermarket Head units you got fitted?

mairtinb

Platinum Member
I've been looking and looking and keep changing my mind, from Alpine X305, 137bti, Kenwood bt92sd, some screens and can't make up mind.
Think I've finally settled on 137bti but was wondering what others have gone with and if they any pics of them installed.

While I'm at it anyone know if screen adaptor available/worth it, stalk adapter will be a must.

Mairtin

I have this one:
alpine_X311RR.jpg

It's 3 years old now, but if I was in the market for a new one I'd be going for this one:
iDA-X305.jpg

Second one is Alpine X305.

Will the alpine x305 work with the controls on the steering wheel? Been looking at one for a while but I am utter crap with audio and electrics so don't no of it'll retain the standard Clio controls or will I need a adaptor?

I've got a Pioneer deh-6100bt. It's probably the best thing I've bought for my car. It's got an iPod socket, USB socket and you can also stream music from your phone via Bluetooth too. I'm really impressed with it. I had a lead for it when it was in my 182 but as the dashboard doesn't already rattle on the 197 I haven't bothered to get a lead as I don't want to take the dashboard off. The only downside to the head unit is it only has a few buttons and loads of functions. It's not that straight forward to use but fine once you've checked the manual a few times.

You should have a go, it's a piece of piss :smile:. The hardest part is getting all the wires to fit in behind the stereo. You need to pull as many of them as possible through from the glove box.

You should have a go, it's a piece of piss :smile:. The hardest part is getting all the wires to fit in behind the stereo. You need to pull as many of them as possible through from the glove box.

Ill have a bash once I buy one and see what's what, what adaptor will I need? Anyone point me in right direction please

I have a marginally older model of the kenwood unit, works great, ipod behind dash and hands free. Only issue is it doesn't like downloading my phone book but could just be my phone.

Pioneer P88RS II, proper audiofile quality bit of kit. To be honest it's wasted in the clio but I had it from my old car which had a proper setup in it.

Thought I'd made up my mind, now I'm leaning towards X305 again... But the Bluetooth upgrade a little on expensive side