Wheel stuck on

Hey,

Tried to take off one of my front wheels today and it just would not come off.

I removed the 5 wheel nuts, there's not one hiding under the renault badge on the wheels is there???

Cheers,
John

This happened to mine a while ago, I ended up having to hit it off with a rubber mallet! Absolute pain in the ass.

Whoever put the wheel on didn't put any copper grease between the alloy and hub!

Get a rubber mallet and hit from the rear of the wheel, make sure you're using axle stands when doing this, don't want to hit the car off the jack and onto you.

They had to do this when I had the tyres changed on mine ages ago. My old man said when he worked at Land Rover they would loosen the bolts so the wheel was still secure and drive it around the forecourt. Which worked (or so he says).

They had to do this when I had the tyres changed on mine ages ago. My old man said when he worked at Land Rover they would loosen the bolts so the wheel was still secure and drive it around the forecourt. Which worked (or so he says).

this works, have to be very careful and just loosen them a tiny bit though, or you'll damage the bolts and the wheels.

I've always managed to get wheels off with a really good yank and keep turning and yanking around the wheel.

If that doesn't work, take it for a drive and get the brakes nice an hot

I usually just swing a kick or two at the back of the wheel, has always done the trick in the past. I am told that a large piece of wood is also useful.

Kick it at the top spin the wheel kick it again a the new top repeat and it will come off

drive round the forcourt with loose wheels :O

dear lord. . . .