Wheel spacers. Not a fan!

Am I the only one that isn't a fan of the way wheel spacers feel?

I fitted mine this morning and have done a fair bit of driving along my usual play roads. It seems to feel a bit scatty on hard braking? Slightly less predictable on the limit and seems to possibly understeer a bit?

Mine is a Cup Packed 200 lowered on H&R springs.

Car looks great now but I don't think I'm a fan of the 20mm spacers..

If you look at a wheel/hub design, there is a reason why the manufacturing spec's are the way there are, if you move the wheel away like a spacer does it now puts more strain on the bearings, as its rotating mass has been moved, and in most cases the car will now have a new feeling. The problem is spacers need to be well installed and checked regularly. Rather spend the cash on getting the correct wheel setup. Anyway, my 2 cents, use it or lose it.

Just had another drive, putting them up for sale :smile: car looks great but I bought the car for thrills and it's handling characteristics.

It might be worth getting the tracking done once they are on, as the wider track could exacerbate any imperfections. I must admit I'm tempted by spacers, but feel like getting wider wheels will have the desired aesthetic effect and may create a small increase in cornering performance. At best spacers will have little to no effect on how the car drives, at worst they'll add a tiny amount of rotational mass and may or may not knock the cars handling for six.

I'm not a great fan of spacers but liked the way the Oz et55 wheels filled the arches nicely.

Therefore I figured that an et68 wheel with a 20mm spacer puts the outer edge of the wheel within
a mm of the 8" et55 Oz.

We are going to do some back to back testing at cadwell later this month to establish if the spacers stay or go

Ooh, let me know how that turns out, can't decide whether or not a set of et55's is worth the outlay over spacers, but if there is a real performance increase it'll just be another thing to start saving for.

Similar Thread Suggestions