wheel spacers and front hub screws

hi all, i would appreciate some advice. i have purchased 2 sets of 17mm hub centric wheel spacers (SPARCO). quality, look and feel seem great. I fitted the back ones no issue, cleaned up the hub/wheel and used the 5 extra long wheel nuts. the back wheels sit perfectly on the new spacer hub/spigot.

Both sets of spacers also come with 3 recessed smaller holes although i didnt need to use them on the back. on the front hub there are 2 small screws which iam not sure what they do but they req a T40 'key' to remove. both sets of spacers came with 2 extra long screws , this time requiring an allen key. as the spacers didnt come with instructions it looks like i needed to remove these 2 smaller screws and first attach the front spacers with these extra long screws, then attach the wheels as before. my issue is i cannot get the 2 small holes on the spacers to align with the longer screws to the hub at the same time as the 5 regular wheel bolts. i inquired about this and was told it isnt absolutely neccesary to attach the front spacers with these longer screws so i replaced the 2 smaller screws on each of the front hubs and fitted the spacers as on the back. i have had no issues but surely if they supply these longer screws then they should be used, what do these small screws do on the front that they dont do on the back? obviously it sounds a bit fishy and for good measure i tried the back spacers on the front, same issue.

anyone with the time i would appreciate your thoughts, are these spacers defective, even dangerous?

cheers

andrew

Right, im guessing, the two screws you are on about are the two holding the discs to the hub??

Remember, the spacers arent made JUST for your clio, so there's every chance the countersunk screws wont line up. I wouldnt bother with them.

Ta fella, just making sure my pride an joy is roadworthy! Yep it's the 2 little screws you see on the front hub when you take the wheel off, I didn't know they held the hub to the disc, I wonder why they don't need em on the back hubs as they have discs too?
Thanks for the info
AJ

The two little screws just keep the disc in place when you take the wheels off. Once the wheels are on with the bolts fitted they are ineffective.

Similar Thread Suggestions