Wheel spacer advice please.

Hi, I've recently purchased an R27 clio, as Im sure many of you are aware, the wheels do look like they could fill out the arches a bit better (standard Renault setup). If I do space the wheels, do both front and rear need to be done and also does this affect the handling, I bought the car to drive it and thats of a bigger concern to me than cosmetics. Any help/advice would be great! Cheers.

Best to space them both really yeah.

some me say it affects handling, some say it doesn't. Be prepared for the fact your rear quarter could get pebble dashed also, depending how much you space it by.

Wouldn't want to space out far really, I'm guessing hubcentric spacers are the way to go? Don't like the idea of pebbledashing the rear quarter

also moved to correct section...
there are some on ebay a pair for £60 delivered..

Cheers Pav, just thinking about it at the moment, am more inclined towards 15mm all round, are my tyres likely to catch on the arch if I do this? Can't be doing with that lol anyone got any photos of 15mm spacing all round on standard suspension set up of an R27?

Considering spacers myself but if I went down that route I'd be putting mudflaps on the front and rear to guard the paint. Stick a renaultsport vinyl on the mudflaps and with the spacers on I think it would look the business.

Considering spacers myself but if I went down that route I'd be putting mudflaps on the front and rear to guard the paint. Stick a renaultsport vinyl on the mudflaps and with the spacers on I think it would look the business.

As am I. I've read some good things about the halfords mudflaps on here. But i'd only go for spacers that don't need extended bolts.

when i had my 19mm spacers on the door panels suffered so fitting mud flaps make sense..it doesnt look that bad tbh...

09052015996.jpg
09052015004.gif

they were only cheap but they do their job well..you can spend £8 ( like i did) :d or you can spend more and get some fancy ones

Last edited:
put the rears on and didnt like the look of them..so they went..they are not needed really...

Similar Thread Suggestions