What's wrong with people?

Tom

Platinum Member
First off - this isn't aimed at, or related to, anyone on here.

Basically, since my more recent for sale thread I have been getting a lot of PM's about stuff.

I have been gobsmacked by the amount of messers from the other forum. Literally getting messages offering me 1/4 to 1/2 of the asking price, within hours of me listing them.

Whatsmore, asking for parts but with a 50% discount and free delivery.

This one guy asked for loads've stuff, I gave him a deal on multiple bits. He said okay, I told other people they had sold and he stopped replying to my PM's.

I thought he'd gone offline and next thing you know - he has an account on here and is offering half price for someone else's stuff in the FS section.

UGH!

This has annoyed me a little (as you may be able to tell), but I would have never posted anything until this happened:

Tom: Hey man, the mats are still available if you're interested.
Guy: hello mate yes i want these for my car, would look perfect, how quick can u send them? car should b repaired in next 2-3 weeks let me know
Tom: Will cost about an extra £10 to post though - that okay?
Guy: im offerin 20quid for them i got a account with dhl and get mainland uk parcels for 4quid
Tom: I already have an offer at £20 for collection at FCS - if you call it £25, they're yours. Your courier can collect from my place of work as early as Monday! Let me know your thoughts.
Guy: Hello, i never really pay the full asking price, if you can take £22 i'ii ave them if not then will keep on lookin, thankyou
Tom: Good luck with your search!

WTF?!

"I never really pay the full asking price"!!!?? WHAT?! Out of principle? If it's a decent price, it's a decent price.

If someone offered you a Clio 200 brand new for a grand, you wouldn't haggle that. Or would you, 'cause you "don't really pay the asking price".

What the actual f*ck.

I am lost for words at the stupidity of some people. I'm borderline questioning whether this is a wind up or not...

< / rant>

Tom.

Last edited:
I've recently joined the other forum. Seems to be a differnt breed of people over there!

I'm not tarring everyone with the same brush, but it does seem to be 'younger' people on that forum.

If someone really wants something they'll pay for it. Seems it's the way things go though people just wanta bargain even f the price is already a bargain.

If someone feels the need to bid somewhere between 5-10% off the price I don't see too much of a problem but when people start pushing for 15-20% off I don't take them seriously.

And if you say collection only it usually means it :tongueout:

Yeah, to be fair, he only wanted £3 off, which really isn't much. But his comment about not paying full price for the sake of it it really set me off.

Even if he offered me £30 for them, I'd tell him where to get off now. Knob!

Yeah, you're right GT. I think some people see it as a challenge.

Edit: Yeah, don't get me wrong, I like ClioSport and a lot of its members (especially the WM bunch), but selling is a nightmare on there. I'd heard things about it, but not experienced it first hand.... Nightmare.

tom, i only tend to deal with people u seem on a forum 24/7 and have upteen posts, they seem to be the genuine people

Yeah, that's sound advice man. All the guys easy to deal with were those who were regulars.

tom, i only tend to deal with people u seem on a forum 24/7 and have upteen posts, they seem to be the genuine people

Does that meen I can have the oil for free then Jonesy as I got trillions of posts:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Does that meen I can have the oil for free then Jonesy as I got trillions of posts:rofl::rofl::rofl:

It means you can have a :ban: for spamming the face out of the place!

I can say the same Tom, I have had some really stupid offers for my 182 wheels on there, no hurry to sell though, if I don't get what I want for them, they are gonna be refurbed and winter tyres put on them! Simples!!!

At least this thread isn't about me lol.

Some people are strange though, Imagine trying to haggle in tesco?

It means you can have a :ban: for spamming the face out of the place!

I can say the same Tom, I have had some really stupid offers for my 182 wheels on there, no hurry to sell though, if I don't get what I want for them, they are gonna be refurbed and winter tyres put on them! Simples!!!

Not nice of you that Micheal :worried:

At least this thread isn't about me lol.

Some people are strange though, Imagine trying to haggle in tesco?

You say that, but people do!

Some people just something for nothing, when ever I buy anything though I do try to get a little off the asking price, all depending on the price though. If its cheap to start with I don't bother and just pay what they are asking.

Never been messed around by anyone when selling or buying and everyone I have dealt with have been easy.