What was your favourite childhood sweet?

Fernandez

Gold Member
As the title says and include a picture if you can.

I used to love chocolate tools, the saws were my favourite and I havn't seen them in the shops for donkeys

chocolate-tool-set-1150-L.jpg

When my aunt would come from Germany, she would always bring me:

6a01538f9e37b4970b014e89cd56e9970d-800wi.jpg

We didn't have it in the early '90. :smiley:

And the next best thing:

Kinder-chocolate-bar-chocolate-522035_800_432.jpg

....I was going to say Phillipa Forester....but you actually do mean 'sweet'....in that case Curly Wurly or Caramac Bar....1970's retro those.....

^ Katie Hill was much better on Blue Peter....

My favourite sweet was and is Crunch chocolate bars, I loved the popping as you ate it...

had to be 1p cola bottles (the jelly like sweet), liquorice wheels, sherbet in those cardboard tubes & stardust (think that was it, stuff that went pop in mouth)

Does anyone remember the flaming hot jawbreakers!!!

God knows why we used to eat them, they were horrid and your mouth felt like it was on fire, it was a macho contest in the playgroud to see who dare have three at the same time lol

I rember when they bought out Munchies my god they were to die for
And when Walkers Crisps introduced Chicken flavour

These were top chic aswell
Aztec
Milk and chocolate nougatine and caramel –*a feast of a bar!

Hugely popular when it hit the shops in 1967, Aztec made a big impact, with* displays including a lifesize cardboard Aztec warrior in 100,000 shops, and a lavish TV ad filmed at a real Aztec temple in Mexico. Alas, like its namesake, this mighty bar was conquered in the early 70s, making just a brief reappearance in 2000 – will its like ever be seen again?

sweets i remember when i was a kid that you cant buy anymore are.

1 Spiras (cadburys like a twirl but better)
2. Asteroids (tiny chocolate balls with a crispy colourful shell. Kinda like M&Ms ... but again, better. lol

may add to this list later.

Does anyone remember the flaming hot jawbreakers!!!

God knows why we used to eat them, they were horrid and your mouth felt like it was on fire, it was a macho contest in the playgroud to see who dare have three at the same time lol

Think I remember them, also ones which would change from being sweet then sour about 1.5" in diameter and had a small aniseed ball in the middle

Similar Thread Suggestions