What to have next?

Jesse James

Platinum Member
Hi guys, I have had an opportunity with my work to do a little travelling outside of the office and with having a little one have been thinking I need a bigger car.

I went to avaliable car and had a look around sat in a couple of audi's and other 5 door cars but there was really only one that I liked and the rear leg room was awful was a seat leon supercopa 170.

The only other car that I saw was a 265 megane cup and wow got in and it just felt right. I don't think I will be doing a lot of miles just a few more but just want some opinions from like minded car people (not my missus cause she is not a car fan)

Alternatively I can stick with my clio as I don't really want to get rid but I don't think I will ever want to.

If there are any other suggestions then please throw them in.

Thanks in advance
Jesse

I've just chopped in my 197 for a v40 @ available car, lovely motor, not even close to the clio performance wise, but a good car in its own way

I have been to available car which was my first mistake as it's made me want something else had a look round a volvo v70 and was amazed how big it is inside really have a soft spot for them. Have always liked the v40 there is a guy on her with a green one I think is yours black?

The only other car that I saw was a 265 megane cup and wow got in and it just felt right.

If the Meg gave you such a great feeling, that's probably the one you should go for :smile:

16K is a big old budget for a car though, you can pretty much get whatever takes your fancy....

If you waited a bit, you might be able to grab yourself a Clio 220 Trophy? Although I imagine you'll take a pretty big hit on depreciation over 2-3 years ownership?

I really fancy an Subaru been looking at the hatch back for some time but I have never seen one at a dealer. and all I read about them is that the engines are stupidly old as far as the tech side

Engine old or not what is matter?
They are not reliable thats true.
Expensive tho
Its not hardcore car as the previous ones ... But with some handling work it might be pretty much good

£16,000 would get you a very nice E46 M3 PLUS enough wiggle room for some brakes, suspension and a CSL airbox...

I'm biased as hell but that's definitely where my money would go if I was moving to something bigger from a RenaultSport car. There aren't many cars you could move to where you wouldn't feel slightly let down on the driving experience coming from a Clio. Plus the prices have almost bottomed out so you could well end up getting a bit back out of it so long as you're not piling on the miles. You certainly wouldn't get hit with huge depreciation.

Just throwing it into the mix.

If it was me, id get a megane 265 cup (the slightly older one before the MASSIVE front renault badges). Then spend/pocket the change, remap and exhaust. :smile:

If the Meg gave you such a great feeling, that's probably the one you should go for :smile:

16K is a big old budget for a car though, you can pretty much get whatever takes your fancy....

If you waited a bit, you might be able to grab yourself a Clio 220 Trophy? Although I imagine you'll take a pretty big hit on depreciation over 2-3 years ownership?

Yea the depreciation on these at the minute is insane.

With 16k I'd either be looking at a low mileage Megane 250 so I'd have some change for some mods and a map for 300bhp or an Audi A5 3.0L.

Last edited: