What service?

I've had my 197 just over a year and have had the service indicator flash up on the past few weeks.

It's just ticked over 87K miles. The last was at 78K where the cambelt and waterpump were changed along with the oil/filter.

Before then at 68K just the oil was changed.

I'm trying to fugure out if I need a full or major service as certain filters and coolant dont seem to have been changed since 2014 before the 68K service (no mileage for the earlier service annoyingly).

Anyone shine aby light on whether I need a full or Major?

Cheers,

Scott

Coolant will have been changed along with the water pump.

Have you got the OE air filter or is there an after market one fitted? Any record of plugs having been changed? The only other filter would be the pollen filter.

Cheers Eddie :thumb:

The air filter and spark plugs were last changed in 2014. The service without a mile indicator annoyingly but it would have been between 28-68K. Shall take a look at the filter in the morning. It's a standard airbox for sure but I'm assuming if it's anything like the old DC5 if its something like an AEM cone filter it can just be cleaned out rather than replaced?

Sounds like a full service should do it then shouldn't it?

Cheers mate

For what it's worth, why not grab yourself a KTR or ITG air filter? That's what I would have done personally if I wasn't running a KTR induction kit.

Definitely do the plugs if they haven't been done since 2014 and as Eddie has already said, only other filter is the pollen filter.

Brake fluid?

If was me oil, oil filter, brake fluid, pollen filter, plugs and check air filter. Are you doing the service yourself?

Cheers chaps, only just seen this due to being away this week.

Have been tempted to give it a go myself but is not something that I've done before. If it's just a case of the oil change and sparks then I may just give it a go.

Much appreciated :thumb: