What other cleaning products will I need?

I have just ordered this Autoglym lifeshine kit of ebay:

1.Car care manual
2.Super resin polish 325ml
3.Car glass polish 325ml
4.Interior shampoo with spray nozzle 500ml
5.Bird dropping wipes
6.Quick clear screenwash 500ml(Antifreeze to -45*C,makes 8 litres)
7.Extra gloss protection 325ml
8.Bodywork shampoo conditioner 500ml
9.Custom wheel cleaner with spray nozzle 500ml
10.Vinyl and rubber care with spray nozzle 500ml
11.Sponge
12.Chamois leather

I have only had my car a week it has had the supagard treatment before I picked it up.

Any tips on other products needed or do's and dont's would be much appreciated.

I am wanting my car as shiny as it can be, also it is black if this helps.

Need a nice mit for washing and two buckets.

People seem to like megs car wash stuff but I use cheap carplan wash and wax and works a treat.

Even though it's new giving it a good polish along with an application of the egp will make it easier to maintain.

Oh and as it's black your in for a life of pain :d

Thanks grumpy forgot to mention I had also ordered meguiars microfibre wash mit and Autoglym Hi-Tec wheel brush.

Will I not need to purchase any expensive wax or this clay stuff I read about? Not really sure as to what it does but have looked at some pics on here and some are amazing how gleaming the car looks!

Also what do you guys use on the dash? I want it to look clean but not a fan of the shiny wet looking dash?

I will putting some pics on next week when she's all clean to do her justice :wink:

Also sorry to be a pain but what should I be looking to do to protect the wheels once they are clean? They are the anthracite ones, and what is the best tyre protector which will also keep them looking shiny and new?

Can you reccomend a good wax for me please woody? I don't mind paying top end.

Is claying my car something I shouldn't need to worry about as my car is brand new then?

The autoglym hi-def wax is good stuff but depends if ya wanna pay for it. :smile: sure woody will come up with an alternative.

Cheers buddy any advice very welcome as I'm new to detailing my car I've only been a quick wash man until I picked up my 200 :smile:

you can get the Autoglym HD wax on ebay for £25. I found it easy to use on my mates car, but I use Dodo Juice Blue Velvet on mine

Also get a good drying towel and a few good quality microfibre cloths for taking the wax off.

Don't use the sponge or chamois leather, get a good lambswool wash mitt and a drying towel as said above!:thumbup1:

Cheers fellas I have got meguiars microfibre wash mit and drying towel, still can't decide on a premium wax though or whether my 200 needs claying? It's only done 400 miles? Running in not far away now :smile:

Dodo supernatural is mid range mate Swiss best of show is reAlly gud for price

Cheers fella I've gone for Bilt Hamber soft clay and Dodo Juice Supernatural, I shall let you know how I get on once they arrive :wink: