What HU do i have?

Swapping over my drivers seat, so will get pics.

In summary however;

Make sure you have the radio code
Activate the Aux setting on the menu for the stereo
Disconnect battery
Remove in dash CD changer (two flat, curved radio keys)
Remove dash trim panel (tug from the sides and release from the bottom, unclip start and hazard buttons)
Remove dash strips
Remove dash end trims, disconnected PAB isolator switch
Remove glove compartment (details elsewhere)
Remove drivers side lower dash panel
Remove trim panel from front of Cabasse unit
Remove Cabasse unit (2 x conventional round U shaped radio keys)
Remove small trim panel on outside of seat
No less than 30min after disconnecting battery, disconnect seat airbag plug (revealed by removing small cover from seat, above)
Remove the four bolts holding the seat in place
Remove seat, ensuring wiring pulls back through the hole
Remove drivers side sill trim

Take a 4 wire PC internal audio lead and chop up with plug to leave 4 copper sockets, with tails. Take the Parrot loom, extend the two line-out cables by around 3m, terminating in the four tails.

Take the mute wire from the Parrot kit, cut it to prevent it running to the ISO socket and extend to run alongside the line-out cables. Take an old ISO plug, chop out one wire, with socket and use to terminate the extended mute wire.

Behind the original position of the CD changer you will notice two ISO plugs, open these and connect the Parrot loom between them. Route the wiring to the Parrot to the glovebox area and the line-out and mute wires to the drivers footwell area. Route the line-out and mute wires along the sill, under the carpet and to the rest of the audio wiring.

Slide the cover off the red plug and insert the copper sockets from the line-out wiring;

27 ground
28 right
29 ground
30 left

If you remove the grey clip from the plug, you will see that one side is already partially populated. We are interested in the other side, where position 30 is the diagonally opposite the populated area, i.e. the opposite side, and opposite end.

On the ISO power plug the mute location will be empty (I need to check which pin this is) insert the socket on the mute wire into this plug.

Route microphone wire to mirror area, pushing wiring behind the headlining, remove door rubber along A pillar trim, hide wiring here and route to footwell.

Mount display (I put mine in the drivers side dash top), route wiring to footwell.

Route wiring from display and microphone through stereo area and into glovebox area.

Connect display and microphone wiring to Parrot blue box in glovebox area. Also connect main power connector and input cables to Parrot.

Refit drivers seat
Reconnect seat airbag wiring
Refit Cabasse unit
Remove start button from dash trim and connect to plug
Reconnect battery
Enter radio code using steering column controls
Check that everything works
Secure wiring in drivers under dash area
Secure Parrot blue box behind dash, above glovebox
Drill hole in side of glovebox for input cables, route through and reconnect to Parrot blue box
Refit glovebox
Refit drivers under dash trims
Refit dash panel
Refit CD changer
Refit drivers kick panel
Decide where to stick Parrot controller
Marvel at work, call over your partner for them to be completely underwhelmed at your achievement.

thanks for this, looks quite a long process.
get saving for a parrot now and bug you once I get stuck

Last edited: