What HU do i have?

Hi guys, sorry if this is a silly question.
I pick my 197 up on friday and im trying to get everything sorted for it before i get her.
Im trying to sort out an ipod input and other bits and bobs.
I was wondering if this is the cabbase radio and what it means in terms of having an aux in, and if it means it has a changer fitted.
Many thanks, Dom

(sorry for the crappy pic)

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 79
That's the cabasse headunit which has an in dash 6 cd changer I think.

You should be able to purchase a cable that lets you do aux-in but I'm not sure exactly which cable you need with this headunit

Type: 350445282798 into eBay and that will show you the iPod lead. They also do a 3.5mm jack plug lead if you don't want the dock connector. Search: 350445282797

Antony

Antony, any chance you can make a thread on your ICE install? Would be especially interested in how you take the cables through the door looms

Antony, any chance you can make a thread on your ICE install? Would be especially interested in how you take the cables through the door looms

No probs, going to be doing a step by step that could be used as a guide if people are interested.

I hope to do the same as a previous install by dremelling the connectors to enable a new wire route straight from amp to speaker:

64f60411.jpg

Lets hope there's enough room in the connectors, looks like you were spoilt for choice with that one!

Really appreciate this people.

Are the parrots easy to fit ralphy?
I had one ready to fit but my old car got broken into before Xmas and took everything outa my boot. There was my parrot some clothes and about 800 quid worth of sub and amp. I wasn't best pleased.
(don't worry no sub for the 197 (-: )

Parrot is very straightforward, so long as you take your time. All you need is a spare ISO plug to cut up (no phone mute from standard ISO wiring in dash to Cabasse stereo unit), a 3m length of cable for the mute wire, about 4m of twin speaker cable, and a 4 cable computer internal audio cable.

Full rundown by request, but it isn't tricky. When I first did mine it took maybe 4 hours, but I think now I could do it in under 2.

The Parrot (that I have) has it's own line in, USB in, iPod in and bluetooth audio capability, which you can then run into the aux on the car stereo, so you use the Parrot to choose which one.

What model parrot do you have Ralphy?

How do you feel like helping me fit it if i get one?

I only live in Royston so i cant be that far away from you...
Some cash your way i just dont trust the chimps down halfords or and my local audio store is a little rough...
Id do it myself if it was my old car im just not too keen on taking this one to bits blind.
x

Mine is a Parrot Mki9200, get one as cheap as you can and I will certainly help fit it. Probably have most of the other bits that you would need knocking about anyway.

Do you have Recaros or normal seats? Given the position of the Cabasse unit it is easier to do if you remove the drivers seat, I have taken normal seats out of mine before, but haven't removed Recaros.

Normal seats matey.
Thank you i shall get on with looking for one. May have to wait till im paid due to being a poor student and my insurance is due anytime :worried:

Fancy a drive down to essex ralphy? LOL
Think I might have to follow your guide when I end up getting one.