What Exhaust

ForgedV

Gold Member
Hi all,

Firstly before I get this thread on the way, I have already seen multiple vidoes of different exhausts and read this area through and through. However I dont always feel videos do justice as much as personal opinions.

Now ....

Im looking to replace my standard exhaust system on my 200. Im 99% sure its blowing from one of the welds at the rear. I can hear it blowing from somewhere under load and the occasional pop at the rear, I could'nt see any signs of a system leak around my manifold about a month or so ago. Plus its got engine and gearbox mount inserts so I'm hoping it will improve the lifespan of the manifold flexis.

Budget wise, I'm not looking for an Akra, and im not looking to decat the car as of yet and keeping standard manifold given the power gains arent worth the cost. I'm not looking for a extremely loud boomy exhaust nor nothing thats too quiet, looking for something with plenty of pops and bangs and loud when you want it to be but nothing painful to listen to on light throttle. Forgot to add, nothing thats really tinny and buzzy honda like sound off throttle. So would I be better off with non resonated or resonated? Noob question whats the difference?

Whats your reccomendations? And thanks for reading.

Rich

I guess there's no easy answer really as to what's best - everyone has different opinions - what's tinny to one person might sound the bee's knees to someone else!

A resonated exhaust keeps the silencer in the centre section, non-res removes it. The non-res would therefore be louder and potentially more droney etc... But again, that's down to individual opinion. The resonated systems tend to be more expensive too, which is another factor when deciding.

I've got a Milltek resonated exhaust on mine, sounds great when pressing the loud pedal but it's not too in your face or drony at speed. Gives a nice burble at low revs too and the occasional cheeky pop on the gear changes. Admittedly it might be a bit tame for some, exhausts are very subjective as said above - what someone likes another person may hate.

Plenty of options out there and videos on YouTube, though they don't always represent how it will sound in person it will give you a good idea.