What exhaust?

Hey. My mates just bought a corsa vxr with a Remus exhaust. It sounds amazing and pops at every gear change even when taking it steady.. Any idea what's available for the Clio that would match it? Been thinking about a milltek but never heard one other than on YouTube :/. Cheers

i think the only way of removing the exhaust without cutting would be to remove the rear axle beam, its just easier to cut the back box from the mid section/cat to remove.

Theres plenty about for the 197/200 and I'm sure that all of us will say that our own one is the best.

The best idea would be to see for yourself what they sound like in real life (Not on Youtube). I'm sure we (The folk with aftermarket exhausts) wouldnt mind showing them off to you.

I went for the Akrapovic exhaust in the end as its quite for normal day to day driving and when you want it to pop and bang it will, will ease.

The others sound really good to mind. From memory you can choose from Milteck, Powerflow, Supersprint, K-Tec and Akrapovic.

I had the Remus on my old Corsa VXR and found that after about a week the novelty wore off. It was too loud too much of the time.

youtube doesnt do some exhausts justice, ive got a custom made cat-back on mine and i love it but i havent heard it against any other 197's to see how it compares since ive had it fitted

Hey. My mates just bought a corsa vxr with a Remus exhaust. It sounds amazing and pops at every gear change even when taking it steady.. Any idea what's available for the Clio that would match it? Been thinking about a milltek but never heard one other than on YouTube :/. Cheers

I'm in the same boat dude, got rid of my vixer last month and i'm missing the remus' brutality! ha. The 197 seems so tame in comparison.

Looking to get an ITG banged on, swap the exhaust and remap just not a scooby with Clios as to tuners etc this buy was totally on a whim.

Are they all roughly the same price? I'd be looking for pops and bangs but fairly quiet at motorway speeds due to the mileage i cover.

I think Woody has had both the milltek and the Ktec, he said the milltek was easier to live with for motorway driving. Mines the milltek with sports cat and I do find it easy to live with, but the ktec does pop nicer on the run down

I think Woody has had both the milltek and the Ktec, he said the milltek was easier to live with for motorway driving. Mines the milltek with sports cat and I do find it easy to live with, but the ktec does pop nicer on the run down

Cool best bet's to get out and have a listen int it. The cat and the back box are milltek? Straight swap?

Theres a north west meet on saturday if you wanted to get a listen to mine, alternatively have a nosey in the nw area threads for other meets if you cant make that one.

Yeah, its more or less a straight swap, the back boxes are much smaller than the standard one, and you will have to cut/grind the old exhaust out and wrestle the old box from where its housed.

very very happy with my Akrapovic.

As mentioned, subtle when you need it to be, but loud when you give it some boot.

And pops nicely when warm!

very very happy with my Akrapovic.

As mentioned, subtle when you need it to be, but loud when you give it some boot.

And pops nicely when warm!

Is that the full system (manifold back) or just cat back?

Theres a north west meet on saturday if you wanted to get a listen to mine, alternatively have a nosey in the nw area threads for other meets if you cant make that one.

Yeah, its more or less a straight swap, the back boxes are much smaller than the standard one, and you will have to cut/grind the old exhaust out and wrestle the old box from where its housed.

I don't like the sound of that, cut/grind? lol. Sounds as if it could be expensive anyone willing to say what they paid for fitting both full and cat back? And what about if you want to re-fit the standard exhaust, have to have it welded??

I'd come if i was home but i'm working this weekend cheers though dude i'll look for meets in the future.

The guy who did mine charged me £40, he had to take the bumper off to do it. The milltek came with an extra clamp which can be bench welded on to make it easier to refit.
The meets been cancelled anyway mate, there one in Manchester a week on Sunday though

We've gota Yozza system -- sounds good without being too much

I've fitted 80mm chrome tail pipes and sets the back off really well contrasting with the black paintwork

Me and my mate chopped the centre box off today and welded a pipe in place and it's made almost zero difference! Should the replacement pipe fit inside the original exhaust or over it?

Me and my mate chopped the centre box off today and welded a pipe in place and it's made almost zero difference! Should the replacement pipe fit inside the original exhaust or over it?

i would always have it over it so it doesnt add any restriction