What could this be!?

bm147

Paid Member
Hello folks,

Noticed some bubbling on my offside rear not sure what it is!? Its not flaking off just bubbled...
I have taken it in to renault london west for them to turn around to me and say and i quote "Our technicians and our body shop could not find anything wrong with any of your wheels", i replied with all they need to do is wipe the brake dust off and it is very obvious.

Anyway, to cut a long story short they phoned back after supposidly checking the wheel a few more times to tell me they could find anything and because they could i would be charged £75 as a diagnostic fee! Well to say i was Pi**ed off would be an understatement, i told them i would go down there and take pictures and send it to them, so here the pictures are...

The car does need a clean indeed, but i thought i would do it after the problem was sorted

Attachments

• IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 35
It is rust under the paint.

Its the same problem I am having and I know that Mike has managed to get all 4 changed under warranty so I thinkn that will be your best bet!

i had something similar on just one wheel, the paint had slightly rippled in 1/16 of alloy - it was tiny but i knew it was there. took to garage, they took photo, sent to renault uk, all four redone under warranty. said have to get all done for a paint match

if you have any problems with renualt uk saying they'll only cover half the work or similar try posting a new thread on the renualt sport uk forum, i did this with the recaro seat wear issue, renault rang within two hours of me posting and said they'd do these for free to.

Lovely nice one Andy! I dont suppose you have your case number for your alloys do you, just incase they start giving me crap about not doing it?

no or if i did i've lost it lol. i'm still waiting on my steering wheel been replaced :smile:
i only got the car back from the garage on monday after recaros, ecu map to stop kangarooing and alloys sorted so i should still be fresh on their systems lol. just use the comment of its all over the forums of alloys blistering etc and them been all redone under warranty. but like i say any probs try the renult sport uk forum

looks like mine. They wouldnt replace them, so instead they had 2 of them refurbished at no cost to me.

I have the same so my car is away to get all four done from Renault due to the lacquer peeling from two and the bubbling from two alloys.