What car to buy :S HELP

Hi guys, im new to this site and im after a little bit of advice on what car to buy.

The three cars I really like are:

1. Corsa VXR
2. Clio 197
3. Civic Type R

I'm just wondering really if anyone else has looked at these three cars in depth and what the decision was and why. When spending this type of money I want the right car. I travel about 90 miles per week. Mainly stop start sort of driving.

Thanks, Chris

i think your asking on the wrong site tbh as we are all going to say the clio is the best. (of course).

im sure you would get the same response if you went onto the other 2 sites they would say the same.

but yes without a shadow of doubt we own the best out of the 3, :thumbup1:

try and test drive all 3 im sure you will make the right choice. :smile:

I had a Corsa VXR for just over a year and now we have a Clio 200 Cup.

The VXr: Loved it from the second I sat in the one I test drove. Was silly fast all the time. I had some work done on it (Exhaust and remap) so it was very fast. Running costs aint cheap. Insurance will take your arm and leg. MPG was alright, and tax was 215ish. I ended up selling up as I had various problems with it (Smashed wheel, burst tyre, fooked turbo, fooked boost sensor/solenoid, damaged rear suspension damper). But a truely fantastic car.

Clio 200 Cup- Not had it long but the early signs are good. Think its a little more grown up than the VXR. Running costs will be roughly the same. Too early to tell about reliability.

well asking that question on clio197.net is likely to get you only one answer :smile:
each car has it merits though, the corsa is smaller and having the turbo means it's easier to get the power out of it (albeit with a small lag),
the civic is bigger making it a bit more practical and is likely to be the most reliable of the 3

i chose the clio as its feels like the best handling car (although the corsa is surprising good on bumpy roads, so on a bad road might make better pace)

ive posted the same on all three forums lol. the only car ive tested so far is the clio. i dont think it felt as fast as it actually is though :S

this is what a guy off the honda forum posted

However............

Corsa VXR - Not that great, doesn't handle very well and feels cheap inside.
Clio - Awesome good fun and easily the most chuckable through the bends, but small and cramped inside and not that well built.
Civic - Far more grown up than the other two and comfy on long journeys but still has the ability to put a smile on your face.

i just cant make a decision to save my life :S

yeh i noticed that on my test drive. the interior does put me off a little though. i just dont know if i was notice the handling difference during every day driving

Think of it this way.
If you meet a nice girl in a club and she says what you drive.
(bare in mind the letters after the name of a car don't mean much to most girls)

I drive a corsa=you've blown it.
I drive a civic=sounds boring.
I drive a Clio=youve pulled(everyone loves a Clio)

what made you guys go for the clio over other cars? what did it for yous?

Looks - love the fat flared arches.
Price - alot more toys for the money compared to the mk4 golf 1.8T I had before.

The word corsa put off that.
Never really liked the look of the new shape civic.

Just seen that someone on the civic site said the 197 is cramp :?
I don't find it cramped at all.

what made you guys go for the clio over other cars? what did it for yous?

I've mentioned it before and i'll say it again..

The 197 is race car with its casual clothes on, not the other way around like most sports cars.
That is something very rare and priceless.

thats true the handling of the car is great, but would you say its noticable on the roads? i very much doubt my car would ever see a track

thats true the handling of the car is great, but would you say its noticable on the roads? i very much doubt my car would ever see a track

No offence but you don't really get wht i mean,and you're not really supposed to unless you have lived a little bit with a 197.

It's not (only) about the handling,it's the whole experience that gives you this ''race car'' feeling...As i said,you need to live it to understand it..

so what made you buy one before owning one?

You are right, i didn't answer your question.

The handling,the looks and the fact that its rare.

It turned out a lot more than that though...except for the reliability..but i can live with that. :thumbup1: