200: What Car Mk4 RS Group Test *****SPOILER WARNING*****

Someone needs to quietly, take the Clio around the back of the stables and shoot it in the head to put us all out of our misery.

What a crock RS seem to have developed.

quite a comprehensive test!

you could say the clio is an extremely good effort for a "completely new" car whereas the fiesta is just an improved/updated one...:eek:

Not sure if I read it right but the Clio doesn't have a CD player, doesn't have iPod connectivity and doesn't have an audio upgrade.. Only a minor detail but that seems pants

Not sure if I read it right but the Clio doesn't have a CD player, doesn't have iPod connectivity and doesn't have an audio upgrade.. Only a minor detail but that seems pants

No MK4 Clio come with a CD player. AUX in or USB in only. As well as radio obviously.

It's actually quite good tbh. There is also an upgraded sound system option. Something Bass and its really good also.

Evo had exactly the same results when they tested the same cars last month

quite a comprehensive test!

you could say the clio is an extremely good effort for a "completely new" car whereas the fiesta is just an improved/updated one...:eek:

Agree with this as its the most different car from the previous models. Still don't like it as to me a RS is a car to me that should be more "hardcore" than other hot hatches.

My old man saw one at clay pigeon raceway on the weekend if anyone knows anyone who has one all ready.

Sold one at work today - delivery times are September.

Only way people can see them is if they see them at a dealer, or if Renault have put one somewhere. Extremely rare at the moment. Currently only 2 registered in the UK - but only 1 is a demo.

The 208 GTi doesn't have a CD player either. Its a £200 option according to the sales man I was talking too a few weeks back.

Wtf? How can a top of the range car not have a CD player lol!

The range of 'options' was filled with stuff that should have been standard in my opinion, not of it cheap either. It did however come with a full size spare alloy in the boot! The sales man was quite excited about that fact, to the point it was the first thing he showed me on the car. The range of colours is crap though, black, white, grey, silver and a metallic red. No nice bright vibrant colours that a hot hatch should be painted.

Had a mk4 clio for last 3 days and could not believe it when I discovered it had no CD player. I searched the ca for 5 minutes for the slot, I even looked under the seat :-/
The dealer did have a clio rs though, red with black wheels. Looked kinda smart but not special at all. It was their 'fleet' car whatever the hell that means and wasn't allowed to have good poke around :-(

This is the reason why I'm getting a fiesta ST, hopefully when they release mk4 facelift it will be a better option, was always going to get a mk4 until the fiesta ST was praised so much in the press!